7. ᴀ ʟᴏᴛ ᴍᴏʀᴇ

(Third Person POV)
-
Resistance's Hideout
-

For the most part, everyone got along well, though Other Purple didn't quite appreciate her alternate self's secluded personality. She didn't talk all that much, and really didn't like her alternate (as she was really loud and pretty obnoxious), but she did take a liking to Other King, who was surprisingly patient with his own Purple. They equipped them with armor and weapons like their own.

They all met on the training ground.

"Ok. Looks like you're all equipped, correct?" Other Second walked to the front, looking at everyone. They nodded.

"Good, now listen. My Yellow has tracked and informed me of 5 attacks that will take place only minutes away from each other. The size of these attacks are undetermined, so prepare for the worst. Now, we have devised a plan. Reds and Yellows group up. Blues and Greens group up. You two groups will each handle one site. Do you think you can do that?"

They all responded with a "yes sir!"

"Ok. Kings, Purples, you'll handle one too." 

Other Purple was immediately excited about this and looked back to her teammates. They all understood.

"Ok good. Second, Chosen, Victim, you'll be a group. Alan, DJ, you're with me. Each group will be assigned a letter and a website. Directions to said websites will be provided."

Oher Second handed out small cards to each group.

Group A: Other Second, Alan, DJ
Group B: Second, Chosen, Other Victim
Group C: Kings, Purples
Group D: Reds, Yellows
Group E: Blues, Greens

"You all will have radios equipped. If you have secured your site, call to see if anyone else needs help. If you can't save the site, lead the inhabitants out and call on me, I will take them. Now that that is clear, practice and spar with your group. Running official practices is something we currently don't have time to do, but I have faith in your fighting and ability to cooperate with one another. Practice for a few hours, eat, sleep, be prepared to wake up at 4 am tonight, you'll hopefully arrive at your locations before 4:25, all attacks start after that timestamp. Be prepared, steady, and vigilant."

...

Most of the team had turned in, setting their alarms for 4 am strictly. Only three remained awake. Other Second, Other Yellow, and Chosen. Other Yellow pulled up one of the sites that had fallen earlier. The same screen appeared, but a little different.

'This site has been taken.

Six days.'

"That's disgusting." Chosen crossed his arms.

"We were only able to save the inhabitants of one site, we were too late for the rest."

"Can any of those sites be restored?"

"Yes, but it would take a lot of first. Firstly, we'd have to release _nala's authority from the site. Next, we'd have to recode each thing by hand, that includes digging around the deleted files and trying to salvage every inhabitant. There are also multiple government sites that cannot be rebuilt with simple code. Some of that stuff is military grade. It would take at least a year to rebuild just one completely. We have started on some sites, but finishing them is very much a rarity. Right now, we don't have any time to spare to try."

"Hm, right. Another question. What does 'six days' mean?"

"In one week, he'll put his ultimate plan into action."

"Which is?"

Other Second sighed. "I've already told you about how _nala is pretty pissed off right now, giving reason to all these extra attacks. But, his final plan is to inject power into himself. Mine, to be specific."

"How'd he get that? And.. how'd he even do that?"

"He'd extracted it from me at a young age. It also explains me and Seconds power difference. And, I really don't know. DJ says he's inserting metal wires into his own skin and bloodstream to transfer it over, but the chance of it really working is low. But, if it does work, it'll become increasingly difficult to take him down, maybe impossible."

"So why'd you call me here?"

"On our mission tomorrow, I need you to keep an eye on Second. It's very possible _nala expects us to call in backup again, and he knows it's possible that we brought Second along. If he takes him again, he won't give him back, nor take any chances. He'll extract all of Second's power, then we're screwed over times ten."

"What if he gets you?"

"That won't happen."

"How do you know?"

"Well.. I.." Other Second didn't quite know how to respond. "I've dealt with _nala for longer. I'll be able to save myself."

"I don't know your history, but then, _nala might not have been aiming for you. Now is probably a different case."

"Just don't worry about it."

"..if you say so."

Other Second would just nod. He turned to Other Yellow.

"Not a word about our conversation."

"Yes sir."

"You both should go rest. It's nearly 10."

Other Yellow stood and left along with Chosen. Other Second took the time to reflect on what Chosen had said. What if they aimed for him? It hasn't happened before, but it could happen now. He stared down at his own hands with questions. He could defend himself, right?

Was he even fully sure?