The Shattered Promise: Shinji's Struggle to Protect Kaworu from the 3rd Impact

Shinji sat in his room, staring at the wall as his mind raced with thoughts of Seele's plan for the 3rd Impact. He knew he had to protect Kaworu at all costs, but he didn't know how. Leaving him seemed like the only option, but the thought of being without him was unbearable.

He felt lost and alone, unsure of what to do next. His heart ached as he thought about Kaworu and the possibility of losing him. He couldn't bear the thought of being separated from him, but he also couldn't let him fall into Seele's hands.

Shinji took a deep breath and stood up from his bed. He knew he had to find answers and make a plan. He needed to protect Kaworu, and he wouldn't let anything happen to him. He left his new world without tellling kaworu and made his way back to earth he walked through the empty halls of NERV, his thoughts racing as he tried to come up with a plan.

As he passed the control room, he noticed Misato and Ritsuko inside. He hesitated for a moment, then walked in.

"Shinji, what brings you here?" Misato asked.

"I need to talk to you and Ritsuko about Seele's plan," he replied.

They both looked at him with concern.

"What do you want to know?" Ritsuko asked.

"I want to know how we can stop them," Shinji said, determination in his voice.

Misato sighed. "It's not going to be easy, Shinji. Seele has been planning this for years, and they're not going to back down easily."

"I know, but I have to do something. I can't let them hurt Kaworu," Shinji said, his voice shaking slightly.

Misato put her hand on his shoulder. "We'll do everything we can to protect him, Shinji. We won't let him come to harm."

Shinji nodded, feeling slightly comforted. He knew Misato and Ritsuko would do everything in their power to protect Kaworu, but he still felt like he had to do something more.

He left the control room and walked through the halls, lost in thought. He needed to find a way to protect Kaworu, but he didn't know how. He thought about leaving him, but the thought of being without him was too painful to bear.

As he walked, he heard a voice calling his name. He turned around to see Kaworu standing behind him, a concerned look on his face.

"Shinji, are you okay? Why are you back on earth I told you the dangers of us being here?" Kaworu asked.

Shinji hesitated for a moment, then nodded. "I'm fine. I'm just worried about Seele's plan and how we're going to stop them."

Kaworu put his hand on Shinji's shoulder. "We'll figure it out together. I won't let anything happen to you, Shinji."

Shinji felt a surge of warmth in his chest at Kaworu's words. He knew he could always count on him to be there for him, no matter what.

They walked through the halls together, talking about Seele's plan and their options for stopping them. Shinji felt more determined than ever to protect Kaworu, and he knew he would do whatever it takes to keep him safe.

As they reached Kaworu's room, Shinji turned to him. "I'll do whatever it takes to protect you, Kaworu. Even if that means leaving you."

Kaworu looked at him, his eyes full of sadness. "I don't want to be without you, Shinji. But if that's what it takes to keep me safe, then I understand."

Shinji felt his heart break at Kaworu.