An Inviting Bowl of Ramen Leads to a Swirling Pool of Emotions

Shinji and Kaworu were sitting together in the cafeteria, slurping up their bowls of steaming hot ramen. The sound of their chopsticks clinking against the bowls echoed through the room, punctuated by occasional soft murmurs of appreciation for the delicious food.

As they ate, they chatted about various things - their experiences as pilots, their favorite foods, and their thoughts on the world they lived in. Shinji found himself opening up to Kaworu more than he had to anyone else before. There was something about Kaworu that made him feel safe, like he could be himself without fear of judgment.

After they had finished their meal, Kaworu turned to Shinji and smiled. "Hey, Shinji, I was wondering if you'd like to go to the pool with me. It's been really hot lately and I could use a good swim."

Shinji's heart skipped a beat at the invitation. He had always been self-conscious about his body, but something about the way Kaworu looked at him made him feel more confident. "S-sure, that sounds nice," he stammered, trying to hide the blush that was creeping up his face.

Kaworu grinned and stood up, his bowl and chopsticks in hand. "Great! Let's meet by the pool after you finish school tomorrow then. I'll show you my favorite spot."

As they walked out of the cafeteria, Shinji couldn't help but feel a sense of excitement and nervousness. He didn't know what would happen at the pool, but he was eager to find out.