"I'm alright! I'm just fine! And you're a tool, so, so what-"

"Someone's a fan of Pink"

Niall whirled around quickly at the sound of Liam's voice behind him and I had to bite down on my knuckle to prevent myself from laughing at the sight. Liam was holding up his phone towards Niall, keeping me out of the shot as he burst out laughing. "This is so going on twitter." he howled before lowering his phone and running off, leaving a flustered Niall standing dopily in the kitchen, his spatula dangling from his hand.

"Crap" he muttered, turning to look at me before cracking a smile. "Oh well, that'll spice up the fans' lives, won't it?" he chuckled before turning back to the stove and scooping the last pancake, flopping it on the plate piled high with them. "I made your favorite! Chocolate pancakes!" he said proudly, holding up the plate.

I smiled softly and walked over to the counter, taking a seat at the stool. "Smells lovely" I commented as he set the plate down in front of me, grabbing another one from the cupboard and taking a seat next to me. "How many can I have?" he asked quietly.

I frowned at him and tilted my head. "Since when do you ask how many you can have?" I asked with a teasing smile and he shrugged. "Well I made these for you, so how many are you going to let me have? S'okay if you're going to eat them all" he said with a smile and I was at a loss of words for a second.

This really wasn't like Niall at all to give up food so easily.

"What's gotten into you?" I asked quietly, cocking my head to the side curiously and he just smiled and shrugged again, leaving me without an answer. "You can have half of them, you know I could never eat all this" I sighed, sliding the plate closer to him so he could take a few pancakes for himself. "Thanks" he said happily, grabbing the syrup and pouring a generous amount over his pancakes.

He cut up a piece and stuffed it in his mouth before turning towards me again as I poured syrup over my own pancakes, speaking as he chewed. "So what happened last night, exactly?

I cut a piece of pancake with the edge of my fork before answering. "I went to my dad's last night with the twins. I was walking back and Kevin saw me, he was with his friends, and he started confronting me and saying this wasn't how his 'plan' was supposed to work out"

Niall was stabbing away at his pancakes as he listened, not looking at me as I poked around at mine with my fork.

"When they got distracted I took the first chance I got and ran with Jojo and Johnny to the phone booth and I didn't think I was going to make it but I did. I called the police and they said help could only come in around fifteen minutes but that was too long, the boys were picking at the lock and I was so scared... I couldn't find Paul's number so I called you"

It was when I mentionned him that his eyes snapped to my face.

"When I was waiting for you to come, I couldn't help but wonder what would happen if you didn't actually come, if you didn't come help me... I knew if I only had the police to rely on, Kevin would've unlocked that door before they would have arrived to the park - it was terrifying, Niall. When I saw you coming, you have no idea - it was like a weight was lifted off my shoulders, all the worry I had just a few seconds ago was all gone. You were there, you came to help me after I left you... You came to save me. I was so happy" I said, keeping my head down as Niall kept looking at me.

"Then you tackled Kevin and I was scared; I saw the smirk on his face and I knew he was feeding you some crap, wanted to piss you off and make you snap and I was screaming your name but you didn't hear me- Harry and Louis and Liam were too busy making sure the other boys didn't run off and Zayn noticed you just in time to stop you right when the police got there but it just wasn't enough-"