CHAPTER - 17

"Maybe we're not God's favorite children

"Maybe we're not God's favorite children... That's why He always snatches away our happiness... We couldn't cope with what happened...

The laughter at our dining table, Papa's strictness during study time, the aroma of Mama's food, their love for us... all of it has been replaced by Mother's tears for her daughter, Father's pain and helplessness seeing her in this condition, the agony in Shivi Di's eyes, her desperation to live, to fight back for herself, it all didn't let us live...

After much crying... we decided to fulfill their wishes for us... As we promised Papa, we continued our studies, did the hard work he wanted us to do, and became successful businessmen to make him proud...

And for Di, we decided to fulfill her last wish which she couldn't do herself... Justice for her... Justice for Mama and Papa... But not in the slow legal way, we didn't want to add one more file to the trash heap at the Indian government's office...

So we chose the path that was best for this – the Devil's way... It took us almost 6 months to gather information about Kartik. At first, we sought the help of local thugs, just to initiate and obtain access to weapons through them because we didn't have any...

In the end, we eliminated Rohan first, and every possible person who was responsible for our Di... And just like that, we began our own form of justice to punish the scoundrels like them so that girls who wish to seek punishment and justice for themselves don't have to just wish anymore...

Yes, we entered this world... Yes, we punished them in the worst possible ways, and if possible, we even let the girls they tried to destroy have a hand in their punishment... And just like that, we became the ruthless KS Brothers, but only for those who attempted such sinful crimes, not for others, not even for other crimes..." With that, I looked at Laddoo, who was already in tears and looking at the floor... Mishbir was also crying.

"Yes, doll, we've never done anything wrong. I admit our methods aren't right, but they're the fastest and most deserving for scoundrels like Rohan and Kartik. Please try to understand, and remember, nobody knows who the actual KS Brothers are; we've always kept it a secret. We don't want to risk anything in the future," Abeer explained.

I moved to sit in front of her, just like before, on my knees, placing my hands on her lap.

"Laddoo, main samajh sakta hoon tum kya soch rahi hogi. Yeh sab man lena aur samajhna tumhare liye mushkil ho sakta hai, lekin is sab ke beech, ek sach hai: tera Sunny tujhse bahut pyaar karta hai, laddoo. Tere bina, vo bikhar jayega. Kisi aur ko khona, jise main pyaar karta hoon, main aur bardasht nahi kar sakta... Jab tak Mish nahi aayi, hum robot ki tarah jeete the. Mish ne humein waise banaya jaise hum the jab tumse mila, Laddoo. Usne yeh ghar ghar bana diya. Aur ab, tum hamare zindagi mein aayi ho. Tum meri zindagi ho, Laddoo, meri dhadkan, meri zindaagi ka maksad, hamari khushi, hamari zindagi ki raah. Kripya humein maaf kar do itna bada raaz chhupane ke liye, lekin please humein chhod kar saza mat do, Laddoo. Please, hum nahi... Main nahi.." I began crying because her silence was frightening.