CHAPTER - 16

Sitting before her, I lower myself onto my knees, resting my hands on her thighs

Sitting before her, I lower myself onto my knees, resting my hands on her thighs. "Laddoo," I call her gently, and she meets my gaze.

"Laddoo, I understand this is a shock for you, and I'm sorry you had to witness that and endure this. But I won't hide anything from you anymore. What you saw earlier, that's the real me." I pause, taking a deep breath before continuing,

"Do you know about the KS brothers?" She nods slowly, and I realize that practically everyone is aware of us.

"We are the KS brothers," I reveal, and her eyes widen in disbelief. Hurt, anger, betrayal, and pain reflect in her gaze as she removes my hands from her.

"You... you're lying, right?" she asks, her eyes pleading for reassurance. I shake my head, tears welling up in her eyes. As I lean in to wipe them away, she turns her face away from me. Taking a deep breath, she questions,

"Why? Why did you hide this from me?" I continue to look at her, attempting to decipher her emotions.

"Because I couldn't bear the thought of losing you. I was afraid that if you knew the truth, you'd leave me, and I couldn't bear that," I confess, the truth ringing in my words.

"And what makes you think that after learning the truth, I'll still be by your side and won't leave you?" she challenges, her words stoking my anger.

"You can't leave me, willingly or unwillingly. You have to stay with me; you can't go. Main tumhe jaane nahi doonga," I asserted firmly, my hands clenched into fists to contain my rising anger. The mere thought of her leaving me sent waves of insanity through me. She stared at me for a moment before questioning,

"Why? Why did you kill him? That wasn't the Sunny I know, not the one I love. He wasn't my cutie." Her voice broke as she began to sob.

"Yes, I was a different person. At that moment, I wasn't your Sunny, and I'll be that person again whenever necessary. Just like today, I always mete out the harshest punishment to bastards like Kartik, the punishment they deserve, the cruelest one, and I'll continue to do so in the future," I declared, not wavering even for a moment in front of her.

"Aur tum hote kaun ho yeh karne ke liye? Kisi ne tumhe adhikar nahi diya ki tum khud law apne haath mein lo. Uske liye system hai, law hai...", she began angrily, but I cut her off.

"Kya kaha tumne? Law?" I interrupted, erupting into laughter like a madman. Law, really? I looked up, attempting to control my tears, but they betrayed me, and a single tear escaped from my eye.

I stood near the window, gazing outside, lost in my thoughts. "Upar wala partiality karta hai yr bohot. Kisi ko maa-baap ka pyaar milta hai, status milta hai, khushiyan mil jati hain, sab kuch duniya mein aate hi. Kisi ko maa-baap toh milte hain, lekin status aur khushiyan nahi. Aur fir kuch log hote hain jaise hum... Humein toh pata hi nahi humare maa-baap kaun the, aur sach bataun, kabhi socha bhi nahi maine. Kabhi kabhi lagta hai, shayad thodi si daya kar deta hain uparwala aur thodi si khushiyan de deta hain, lekin phir lagta hai unhe hamari hi nazar lag jati hai. Khushi titli ki tarah hoti hai, aati hai aur phir chali bhi jati hai, aise hi kuch humare saath hua," I said, voicing my thoughts looking outside.