CHAPTER - 1

The thing I dislike the most is the Mumbai rain

The thing I dislike the most is the Mumbai rain. And on top of that, I'm annoyed with someone named Abeer. He didn't bother coming himself; he just sent me alone. Probably sitting comfortably at home, enjoying idli sambar while I'm hungry too. Don't even get me started on the traffic during the rain; it's a nightmare. I wish I could be Superman and fly over it.

As for Mr. Sharma, I'll tell him tomorrow. He sent me so far just to check a site, and it was pointless. I'm sure Abeer knows about it; he deliberately trapped me without coming himself.

Scrolling through my phone, waiting for the traffic to clear, I get bored. I look around frustratingly, only to notice a girl dancing in the rain with some children.

God, these kids and the girl must be crazy, dancing in this rain. Don't they feel sticky? I stop my thoughts when the girl suddenly turns towards my side and stops. I try to see clearly, but the raindrops on the windows blur my vision. Unknowingly, I press the button to open the windows. And that was a terrible mistake because I feel like my gaze is stuck.

Oh my fucking god, she's so beautiful! Wearing a peach-colored kurti that sticks to her body, showing her perfect curves. Her long, wet hair reaches her midwaist, some sticking to her face. Adorned with beautiful oxidized jewelry on her ears and hands, her round, chubby face glows with happiness. She seems to forget everything, lost in dancing with those kids. The way she jumps and dances makes her look no different thank kids; she seems like a kid herself because of her short height.

I was so captivated by her that I forgot where I am and what I'm doing. My trance breaks with the ringing of my phone, and reluctantly, I shift my gaze away to see Abeer calling. Swiping the green icon, I answer the call.

"Bol", I said frantically, frustrated by the fact that, firstly, I'm stuck in this situation because of him, and secondly, he disturbed me when I was busy in... Um, leave it.

"Karan kahaan hai tu? Hum kab se wait kar rahe hain, kitna time ho gaya? Mat bata ki tu time bhool gaya hai apne pasandida baarish mein enjoy karke,"  he asked teasingly, knowing very well how much I hate the rains.

"Bol," maine frustration ke saath kaha, kyunki pehle, uske wajah se main is halat mein phasa hua hoon, aur doosre, jab main vyast tha, tab usne mujhe disturb kiya... Umm, chhodo.

"Karan kahaan hai tu? Kitna time se wait kar rahe hain, kitna time ho gaya? Mat bata ki tu samay bhool gaya hai apne pasandida baarish mein masti karke," usne tauntingly poocha, achhi tarah se jaante hue ki mujhe barish se kitni nafrat hai.

"Saale tu ruk, tujhe main ghar aa kar achhe se bataata hoon ki main kitna enjoy kar raha hoon,"  I said angrily, cutting the call.

When I turn my gaze back towards the girl to look, she was not there. What the? She was here a minute ago; where did she go? I don't know, but I feel sad when I am not able to see her again. Shaking my head, I press the button to close the window. I look down at myself to see I am a little wet because of rain coming from the window. I quickly grab the tissues from the box, wiping water off me. I am sure if Abeer had seen this, he must be faint that I let myself get wet knowingly.