CHAPTER - 10

When I look at her, my breath hitches

When I look at her, my breath hitches. She looks stunning with her open wet hair and a no-makeup look. Red definitely suits her. I'm lost in admiration when she snaps her fingers in front of me.

"Kaha khoe ho," she asks, frowning.

"Uh, I mean, you're looking gorgeous, Laddo," I say, trying to compose myself from drooling over her.

"I know I am," she replies, flipping her hair dramatically. I can't help but notice her red cheeks, making me smirk. With just kajal and lipstick, she wears no makeup at all.

This is one of the reasons I love her – she's real. As she dries her hair, reaching for the comb, I take it from her and gesture for her to sit.

"Tum kya kar rahe ho," she asks, confused.

"Aaj tumhe main style kar raha hun, to yeh bhi main karunga," I say, starting to comb her hair.

"Nahi, tumne ache nahi kiye to," she protests, trying to get the comb back, but I dodge her.

"Madam, don't underestimate Karan Kyndrra. Ab baitho chup chap aur mujhe karne do," I shush her, creating a high ponytail with some braids falling on her forehead and sideways.

She gets irritated with open hair, claiming they get in her eyes and disturb her when she eats. Additionally, she mentions that buns give her headaches due to the weight of her hair – silly reasons, though.

"Wow, it's really looking good, not bad, haan," she remarked, gazing at herself in the mirror.

"Thanks. Ab chale?" I asked, placing my hands on her shoulders from behind, observing her through the mirror. "No, wait," she said, moving away from me, turning to face me. She reached out, running her hand through my perfectly gelled hair, messing it up.

"Why did you do that?" I groaned, inspecting my messy hair in the mirror and attempting to fix it, but she playfully messed it up again.

"Kyunki tum aise jyada cute dikhte ho," she grinned.

"Cute sacchi, laddo. Ladkiyan mujhe hot bolti hai, aur tu cute," I whined.

"Nahi, tu mere liye cute hi hai," she asserted firmly.

"Tere se argue karne ka matlab nahi chal ab," I said, shaking my head, and held her hand to leave, but she pulled it back.

"Ruko," she said.

"Ab kya?" Kitna time lagati hai yeh ladkiya... but it's worth it, so I can adjust.

"Heels to pehne do," I nodded, but then what heels? No, aaj to din bhar ghumna hai; pair dard karenga.

"Nahi, sneakers pehn, heels mein pair dard karenge," I said, going to take out sneakers that would match her dress. I sat in front of her to make her wear them, but she pulled her leg back.