CHAPTER - 13

Note : Don't forget to read "Destined Hearts : A Rebirth".

My heart is pounding rapidly, and I'm driving my car aggressively

My heart is pounding rapidly, and I'm driving my car aggressively. Kaki didn't provide details on what happened, only urged me to come quickly. The only thought on my mind is that only laddoo can calm down my racing heart. I desperately want her to be safe, so I call her, but her phone is switched off—damn.

As I enter, no one is in the living room. However, I notice a broken lamp and vase. Hastening towards laddoo's room, the sight within shocks me to the core.

The room is a mess, with her craft pages scattered, broken glass pieces, items from the dressing table strewn on the floor, and her phone shattered. I can see blood drops on the floor. I frantically search for laddoo.

There she is, sitting with Kaki at her side, consoling her. Her condition brings tears to my eyes and stirs anger within me. I clench my fists to control it, moving slowly towards her. Her right leg has a significant cut, blood still dripping. Bruises on her hand indicate someone held her tightly. Her hair is in disarray, and there's a cut on her lips, with finger marks on both cheeks. A swelling on her forehead suggests an impact with something hard.

She hasn't noticed me yet, staring at one spot. I sit in front of her, taking her hands in mine and gently caressing them. She still doesn't look at me, and it's breaking me to see her in this state.

"Laddoo," I whisper. Slowly, she turns her head to look at me with weak eyes. Her lips tremble, and she breaks into loud sobs as soon as her eyes meet mine. She jumps on me, embracing me in a bone-crushing hug, as if her life depends on it. I immediately encircle my hands around her frail figure, protecting her in my arms, while she hides her face in my neck.

"Shh, shant hoja laddoo. Nothing will happen, baby, okay? I'm here with you, my baccha. Please stop crying. I will not let anyone harm you. Please don't cry," I try to console her.

I drew her closer to me, my heart clenching at the sound of her sobs. Angry tears welled up in my eyes, jaw clenched tightly.

Whoever is responsible for laddoo's current state, they've harmed the most important person in my life, and they will have to pay dearly for their deeds. Breaking the hug, I gently pushed the stray hairs away from her face and kissed her forehead.

Lifting her up in a bridal style, I carefully sat her on the bed. Kneeling in front of her, I held her hand in mine.

"Who did this to you?" I asked, keeping my voice as soft as possible in these moments. She stiffened under my touch and started shivering again. Looking at her like this, a pang of pain pierced my heart. I rubbed my thumb at the back of her hand to calm her down and asked again,

"Laddoo, who did this?" This time, I asked a little more sternly, but she still remained silent.

"Main batati hun beta," Kaki said, coming in front of us, but I kept my gaze fixed on laddoo.