56

My escape had been easy. Too easy.

Just as I had told luca, I'd visited his sister after dinner and convinced her to let me hide in a suitcase. She'd been confused at first but when I told her that it was so that neither of us would be with Marco she soon gave in. After we'd gone through a plan I went to her room and started packing. Luca had come and found me, asked me what I was doing and I'd said Louisa had asked me to pack her things. It wasn't a lie, he just didn't know I'd also be packing myself. Me and him talked about what would happen to louisa and how when she landed in Sicily the family would greet her. We spoke about how one day we would go and visit her, how he'd love to show me his family home.

I'd gone along with it all, even the sex that had followed. I couldn't deny that I liked Luca, I just knew I couldn't be with him. Not when it would mean giving up all of my freedom. So once we had shared another intimate moment I said I would continue packing in the morning and followed him to our bed, letting us both sleep soundly for one last time.

And We'd slept like babies till 6am, when I went to Louisa's room to finish packing whilst he went to load her into the car. I threw everything into her bags, then sent Tony a text to ask him to carry them to the car. Sending Luca a message to say I was tired and going back to bed and that I'd come find him when I woke in a few hours. I then launched the phone out the window into several trees before quickly hurrying into the largest case and zipping myself up.

It had felt weird when Tony had picked up my case, complaining to luca as he threw the case into the car that I needed to learn how to pack light. I had to suppress my chuckle, because if he knew he'd just packed me off, he wouldn't have been so shocked by my packing. Louisa had also asked if I was coming to say goodbye just before we drove off, Luca replying I'd gone back to bed but that I'd text her later on. Little did he know.

We'd made it to the plane without glitch and all of Louisa's luggage was carried onto the private jet where she'd asked it to be placed in the bedroom. She'd told me there was cameras everywhere last night, so I knew I wouldn't be able to get out. But at least in the bedroom I would be slightly more concealed.
No one had travelled with Louisa, no Tony or other bodyguard. She was under the pilots watch and when we arrived in Sicily she would be in the families.
I'd managed to fall asleep in the flight, only woken when I felt myself being carried once again. My body now aching from the cramped position. I felt myself being placed into a car and the movement as we sped forwards. Surely by now I would be known to be missing to Luca. Free from his and anyone else's clutches. Yet in the spotlight at the same time.
When the car came to a stop, I heard a man say he would bring the bags inside, only for Louisa to say she would help. I felt my bag be lowered and Louisa joked about not packing light before I felt it wheel forwards. "One sec, I forgot my phone in the car" she said as the man's voice said he'd meet her inside, my suitcase unmoving. "Get out" Louisa said as she unzipped the case. "Thanks Lou. Remember neither of us can have Marco now. If you tell anyone I'm here I'll end up going back to him." I warned and she nodded. "Neither of us can have him" she agreed before I zipped the case back up let her walk on in.
I'd hopped into the bushes and into what looked to be a vineyard. I'd packed myself a rucksack that I'd been cuddling the entire flight. The letter, the key and a few essentials including £500 I stole from Lucas wallet all inside. I rushed through the vineyard and out onto the road, slipping through countryside until I came to a little cafe. Stopping to get some water I smiled at the man who asked where I'd come from. "I'm a backpacker from England" if told him as he smiled and asked me where I was headed. "Wherever life takes me" I'd smiled before he'd told me that he was headed into town to the market if I wanted to get a ride.
Once in central Catania, I'd managed to navigate to the train station and paid for a ticket to Naples. Just like that I was out of England, out of Sicily and on my way to freedom.
As I exited the train station in Naples I smiled, feeling free for the first time. I went and sat in a pizzeria scoffing a giant Margarita before I found a hostel that cost less than the food I'd just eaten and bedded down for the night. My first night of freedom. A long night where I tossed and turned worried I'd be found.
The next morning I had woken feeling more carefree. No one has found me. I left the hostel at 10 and went to a shop where I bought a bike and a map. It wouldn't be quick but I only had £200 left and this was the most reliable way of getting me to Tuscany.