32.

I woke up feeling warmth all over me. My legs were entwined with Lucas. His arms were still holding me tight against his body. His bare chest was still pressed against my back. I found myself nuzzling the pillow as I pressed myself even closer to him. Being in bed with him, tangled up. It felt like a security blanket. It made me feel warm and cosy.
"Unless you want me to undress you right now, I'd stop wiggling your ass against me" luca said groggily as I giggled slightly. "I'm sorry, you're just so warm" I said as I moved my ass from against his groin and rolled over so I was facing him. His hands falling against my waist. As he kept his eyes closed. "And I'm sorry, I'm only human" he chuckled as he sleepily opened an eye with a charming grin on his face. "I can cope with human" I smirked as I moved my foot again this leg, keep to feel his touch again. "Good" he said as he leant forwards and captured his lips in mine.

As he kissed me, I felt myself arch closer to him. His soft touch making me melt into him. "Mhmm" he mused against my lips. "It feels good to wake up next to you" I said as he kept his hands on me, his lips centimetres from mine. "How are you feeling this morning" he asked quietly as he moved my fringe from my face. "I'm okay, I'll call Alessia in a bit and check on her" I replied as he nodded with a small smile. "Good idea. Why don't you go meet her for lunch or something" he suggested as my heart sped up. He was giving me free access to leave. He trusted me when it came to Alessia. "I'll see if she's up to it" I smiled warmly at him before gently pecking on his lips. "Have you got any plans today" I asked, I didn't know why I was being nosy, but it felt like the right thing to ask. "Not so much. Dad will no doubt ask for a run down of last night. Ro might get discharged from Louisa's crutches so I'll probably just chill with him unless anything comes up" he said easily as I nodded.

The thought of Romero just walking around the house again sent a slight shiver to my spine. I didn't feel I could trust him. Sure Lorenzo had given me safety here, but I certainly hadn't won over the family's mercenary yet. "Sounds like a much more pleasant day" I said as I looked up at him. "We can hope." He said optimistically. "By the way, did Graz say anything out of line last night" he asked curiously. "Like what" I pondered his question. "I don't know, he was just drunk and he can be a bit blunt. I just wanted to check he stayed...gentlemanly?" He said as he clearly tried to decipher the right words. "Nothing I couldn't handle Luca." I smiled honestly before pecking his lips again. "But thank you, for checking" I said smiling up at him. His attention, his affection. It was everything to me this morning. He was showing me everything I needed. And yet I still couldn't shake the thought of me and Marco fucking.
A knock sounded on the door, causing Luca to hail the intruder in. "Sorry to disrupt you sir. Your father would like to see you" the man addressed Luca. "Thanks Seb. Let him know I'll be down in a few minutes" he replied curtly as the man nodded before leaving. "Duty calls" I smiled up at him. "Always" he said with a grin. "One day, we'll get to just lie in bed together" he smiled brightly at me before pecking me once more. "Until then" I giggled giving him a salute as he clambered from the bed.
"Let me know if you end up seeing Alessia. You'll need to take someone just to be safe." He said as he pecked my lips before retreating to the door. "Sure thing" I shrugged, just happy I wasn't confined to the house. "And one more thing Sof" he said turning back. "You look Damn good in my hoodie" he smirked as I blushed slightly realising I'd slept the night in it.
As the door closed, I found myself lying staring at it for a few moments. How could he make me feel so warm and giddy when my mind kept replaying the thoughts of Marco. Sure I was annoyed with Marco. I felt betrayed by him. But the saying you want what you can't have was playing over and over. As I thought it over more, it saddened me that I was letting myself be played, happy to let him keep taking advantage. Why did I do this, why did I let myself be vulnerable. Mistreated. I needed someone like Luca, who would worship my every breath, not someone who would find someone else the second I wasn't breathing in their direction.
I needed a serious chat with Alessia. I needed to know the facts and I needed to have a serious girl talk. From the sounds of yesterday, it sounded like that was what she needed too. Decisively grabbing my phone, I called her. It rang out a few times before she picked up. Her voice void of emotion.
"Less" I said sadly, hearing her numbness. "Sof" she said with a gentle sob. "Don't start crying on me less" I said warningly as she sniffled. "I haven't truly stopped" she said sadly as my heart broke for her. "You need a breather Alessia" I sighed. "I can't leave. Marco has me under lock and key. Something about me falling into the wrong hands" she said sadly. "Bullshit, get yourself ready we're going for lunch" I said decisively. "I want you looking your best" I added. "Where we going" she asked a little perkier. "You choose. Just get yourself feeling pretty, we need a bottle of wine pronto" I said as she sniffled on the other end. "Thank you Sof" she said slightly more perkily. "Anytime, now text me an address. Let Marco know you're meeting me. I'll have two men on me, he's welcome to issue you with the same" I said firmly as she sniffled an ok, before I heard her bed sheets rumble. "I'll see you soon" I said before hanging up as I copied her actions and leapt from the bed sheets.
A whole shower, raid of the wardrobe and full make up routine later and I had received a text from Sofia with the address. Marco had apparently agreed reluctantly but was sending two men as I had suggested. With any luck the men wouldn't bother us and we'd have a girls day like no other. Walking down the stairs in my nude stilettos, I felt like I was telling luca I was going out from the sheer contact with shoe to the marble. As I reached the bottom he stood with a wicked smirk looking up at me.
"You look insane" he said as I approached the bottom step, his hands falling on my tight black midi dress, his left hand dancing on the slit that reached from my knee to my hip. "Thank you" I smiled brightly at him. "I'm going to meet Less, is that ok" I asked hopeful as he nodded. "Sure, let me sort out a driver and some details" he said as i beamed up at him, the sunglasses on my face doing nothing to deflect the twinkle in his eyes as he looked at me. "Thank you for this" I said as my hands gently thumbed his neck. "Anything to see you like this" he said as he pecked my lips. "You've now got lipstick on you" I smirked looking at the nude shade on his lips. "You can mark me with those lips as much as you want to Sofia" he said slightly raspily as a heat rise through me. "Go and sit in the kitchen whilst I sort a driver. Otherwise I'll end up taking you back upstairs" he smirked as I bit my lip. It was tempting. But the bottle of wine with mine and Alessia's name on, was even more tempting, so I did as he suggested and moved out of his hold and into the kitchen.

It was empty, presumably everyone had eaten earlier on this morning, judging by the plates stacked in the sink. I'd have thought the maids would have seen to that sooner. But perhaps they were busy elsewhere. Pulling out my phone I fired Alessia a quick message to say I was just waiting for someone to drop me off when the door opened to my left. "I was wondering when I'd run into you" he said monotone, a slight knot forming in my abdomen. "Likewise, are you feeling better" I queried hoping that killing him kindness was the best policy. "Much. Apparently I have you to thank for saving my life" he said as he reached into the fridge and retrieved an orange juice carton. He propped himself on the counter and began to drink straight from the carton. A pig in mind as he was in body. "I guess" I shrugged watching him. The mischievous look in his eye gnawing on my better judgement. "But then again they targeted me, because of you. So maybe I nearly died because of you" he said as he slammed the empty cartoon down on the side. "Perhaps if you hadn't stabbed me, the target wouldn't have been on your back in the first place" I retorted snappily. "Now now Sofia. We can all play it like that. If you hadn't existed I wouldn't have had to stab your scummy little traitorous body" he sneered as he moved from one counter by the fridge the the counter in-front of me, a clear attempt to intimidate me. "Cat got your tongue" he smirked. "Just be glad it's the cat, and not me." He sneered before glaring me up and down. "I'm watching your every move Sofia. And the moment you fall, I'll be there to tell them all I told you so" he said before slamming his fist down in-front of me to make me jump, before leaving just as quickly as he came.

I felt breath rush into my lungs once the door closed behind him. Sure it was a shaky breath, but At least it was air entry. He'd clearly threatened me, and all the work luca had put in to making me feel safe had been undone in one conversation. I felt shakey. Nervous just sat here, like a sitting duck. I wanted to bolt up to my room and lock the doors, vowing not to come out, but a familiar man walked in, reminding me I needed to see Alessia.
"Luca sent me to drive you" Roberto said with a small smile. "Thank you, sorry if it's inconvenient" I said timidly but he shook his head. "I can't lie to you miss, it's exhilarating how fine a line you walk. It's amusing to watch, if only from the drivers seat" he smiled at me as I reciprocated before following after him. I half expected luca to say goodbye to me at the door, but he was nowhere to be seen and I was almost glad. I think had he have been there, he'd see the unease in my face and hear the constrictedness of my throat. "I'm glad I can be of some entertainment value to you Roberto" I smiled as we walked out the house and into the black SUV I had frequented yesterday.
Like a true gentleman he had opened the door and helped me in, before ushering himself round to the drivers seat. As the door closed he looked back to me with a small smile. "Miss Russo, this is Antonio. Luca has asked that we both keep an eye during your lunch" he said easily as I nodded. "Thank you both" I smiled. "I've spoken with Alessia and she's confirmed two men will also be escorting her. We'd both appreciate if you just kept to yourselves from afar and let us enjoy our time without any dramas" I pleaded with them as Roberto nodded. "Of course miss. As you wish." He smiled as Antonio nodded in confirmation. "Brilliant, let's go and have a good day" I smiled at them as Roberto fastened his belt and drove us into town.