Draft - A Terrarian's Introspection

(Just to be clear, I'm still not going to be updating this story anymore, but I wanted to publish this since I found it in my drafts after a year of writing it. This was more or less the new idea I had for this story, but had no way to fit it in unless I completely rewrite it. Enjoy.)

-----

"Here is your room. I hope you will feel comfortable."

The Terrarian gently smiled at Amber, who opened a wooden door, revealing a moderately decorated room. The Fall Maiden can definitely say it looks homey.

Prior to arriving, Y/N spoke with Beacon's Headmaster to discuss her predicament. She could have stayed at the academy, but the fact that her assailant was roaming the halls unidentified, along with her presence alone potentially bringing unwanted attention to herself, and to an extent, the staff.

She needed to be under surveillance in the event that her assailant could find her alive and well. If she was defeated with the full — albeit poorly trained — power of the Fall Maiden, then with only half of her magic remaining, she might as well pose no threat.

And so the decision was made: she would be staying with the Terrarian high in the mountains. It was the perfect choice in the eyes of Ozpin and Glynda, although General Ironwood showed suspicion to the idea, but agreed nonetheless.

It made sense. It would never even come across the assailant's mind that she would be hiding out there. Even if they find out, the mountains are incredibly difficult to scale, and the only easy access to the Terrarian's base was through a teleporter hidden in the Vault. There was also the fact that he was very powerful, to the point where some might say he is overpowered.

He can see the reason behind it. He can basically face the entire Atlesian army, the strongest military in all of Remnant, and come out alive for the most part. Most of the Grimm he has encountered so far are comparable to slimes, whereas Hunters have difficulty facing large packs of Beowolves. If he could, he can even turn on God Mode; a power that would make him invincible and impossible to kill.

...That sentence left an incredibly sour taste in his mouth.

He would rather not be seen in that light. He can, and is, just as vulnerable as any other person in either Remnant or Terraria. Despite being a legend, his journey had proved things such as death and the like was still a possibility for him.

"Thank you for this. I can already feel at home here."

Amber's voice snapped him out of his thoughts, and he replied with a grin.

"No problem. If you need anything, don't hesitate to tell me."

He then turned around and was about to shut the door, but her voice prevented him from fully doing so.

"Actually, there is something," she said. He nodded, gesturing for her to continue. "You have done so much for me. You saved me from the brink of death, started training my magic, and you're letting me stay in your home."

"That is true," he remarked.

"I don't have much to offer, but maybe, I can make dinner?" Amber finished. "I'm not the best cook, but I have learned a lot of recipes during my travels. Just this once? Consider it as repayment for your kindness." she offered.

He mulled over her request for a moment; he did not have a big need for food, being able to go for quite some time only by a single meal. Nevertheless...

"Sure. Why not? I'm interested in what those recipes are," he expressed with a smile, showing genuine intrigue.

"You won't be disappointed!" she exclaimed.