I exhaled heavily, relieved at what Max said, "that would surely help, right? I've always been very careful with her. I'm afraid of offending her, or getting her hurt. I don't know why... I have this powerful urge to protect her."

"That's natural, because she's the only girl you're seeing now. I always feel protective of anyone that surrounds me, particularly to you."

"Ah- that's different Max. I'm paying you," I shook my head, and walked towards my Ferrari.

"You're probably right," he followed me in the parking lot, "don't worry, boss. You'll tire of her easily if you make it real. She'll be too clingy and needy, you wouldn't want to be around her. Trust me, two months would feel like a lifetime."

"Okay, I'll do that," I grinned smugly and gave him a salute. I entered my car, still smiling. All my ill feelings were gone and replaced with excitement of seeing Sweet.

I can't wait to make it so real this time.

***

Sweet

The moment I woke up, I took the award plaque, feeling the cold metal and reading my name engraved in it. I couldn't wait to show it to Mom, Dad and Erin.

Last night was like a dream, receiving a prestigious award and standing in the podium giving my acceptance speech in front of the prominent entrepreneurs and professionals of New York. I felt so proud and happy for being recognized.

Before I got up on bed, I scrolled my phone, checking the internet about the latest news. I encountered some pictures of the event last night. Sebastian was the focus of attention again. The caption was, who is his real date? There was a picture of me and him, when he kissed my cheek. A picture of him with the socialite, Regina Stone, she was kissing his cheek. Third photo, he was with a famous young actress; they were hugging each other, and last, with a princess and her royal family.

Rolling my eyes, I threw my phone on the bed and went to the bathroom. Anger and jealousy overwhelmed me seeing him with the other girls.

They're all gorgeous, and with Sebastian's reputation with women, I'm sure he hooked up with any of them last night.

I sighed, feeling so disappointed in him. He would never change. Once a playboy, always a playboy.

Hmp, for all I care. I stood up and removed my clothes. I decided to take a cold shower to cool off my anger.

He can hook up with any woman he likes, it's none of my business. In fact, it's better if he does, so I won't be feeling this crazy powerful attraction for him. It has to stop and should start now.

I took a shower then changed into a comfortable outfit. Black skinny jeans, white plain shirt and matching white with black check Nike Air Jordan sneakers. My hair was slightly damp from the shower, so I let it fall on my back to dry fully.

At nine, I dropped Colton off at his dorm, returned the gown I rented for the event and went to see Jace.

Yes. To see Jace again.

When I woke up this morning, I was hesitant to see Jace. But after seeing those photos of Sebastian with the other girls, it gave me more courage to see him.

So, instead of meeting in a coffee shop, he invited me for coffee in his new office.

Following the direction that Jace gave last night, I parked my pickup in front of a ten-story building. A bold name, HAMILTON, in marbled stone, stood in the front. The security guard confirmed my suspicion. Jace owned the building.