Speaking to Flare

Dox twisted and turned in her sleep as her dream became more unbearable. She jolted up almost screaming. She quickly covered her mouth and bit down on her tongue. She heaved in air and got up. She tip toed away from the group and walked away. She climbed a cliff and looked up at the sky see in stars in the distance she let out a sigh.

She heard footsteps and looked up to see Flare standing above her. She reached her hand up and petted her nose. "Have you ever wondered what it's like to lose something you spent your entire life protecting" Dox asked. Flare smiled. "Yeah it hurts a lot" Flare said. Dox looked at Flare confused. "Did you just talk....but... I didn't even see your mouth move" Dox exclaimed. "Hehe" Flare said.

Dox had a blank look on her face like she was losing it. "Well you see Dox I can use talepethy" Flare said. "That makes since " Dox said playing it in her mind. "So who's the person you speak of" Flare asked. "My younger brother Surb" Dox said with a sigh. "May I ask what he's like" she asked. "Yes. Surb is a curious little kid who for some reason always ends up wiggling his way into trouble" Dox says with a smile. "Sorry to ask but where is he now" Flare said catching Dox off guard. "He's been captured and is somewhere on Fiburn and we need the stone that your owners poses to keep then from getting to Dale" Dox explained. "That's tough. So is Surb the reason you woke with a start" Flare asked.

Dox thought recalling her dream. "Yeah, how'd you know" she asked. "Well by the way you talked about him it seems like that's was the reason" Flare said with a shrug. "Well then yeah" Dox said giving a yawn. "Let's go back to bed" Flare said. "Sure" Flare said giving a yawn of her own.

-end of chapter 17-

Here you guys go.