The First Step

As they flew through the air they searched the ground for anything out of place. "I tought Dale wouldn't make it this easy so she wouldn't put a clue anywhere close to us." Dox said.  Blade nodded. "Why don't you ask Surb what it's like where he is" Blade suggested. Dox nodded and started to concentrate. "Surb" I whispered in my mind. "Huh, Dox" he asked. I smiled. "Surb we could use your help what's it like where you are" I asked him. "Well it's warm" he answered. "Hmmm...a place that's warm" I repeated thinking. I Soon realized where he was. "Thanks Surb I love you and I'm counting on you to tell us what's happening every once in a while" I said. "Yep" he answerd.

   Dox slowly opened her eyes. She slowly breathed in as her breath got heavier. "Are you okay Dox your not looking so good" Flitz asked. "Yeah I'm fine" Isheanswered feeling light head. "Kaleth ca-can you land please" she asked wobbling. "Soon but we're above water" she answered. Dox wobbled more violently and couldn't regain my balance as I fell unconscious.

  Blade tried to catch the falling Dox but couldn't. Dox fell into the water and Blade dove after her. He grabbed Dox and swam to the top. He swam until they got to the shore. Dox was breathing slowly but she was gonna be  alright. Kaleth landed and wrapped herself around Blade and Dox. Flitz heated herself up and scooted closer to them. "Is she gonna be alright " Flitz asked. "Yes this is Dox we're talking about" Kaleth answered. "She's got a point" Blade agreed. "Well then Blade why don't you go find some food" Flitz asked. "I- I wanna help her but I don't wanna leave her" Blade responded worried.

   "It's okay we will be watching her" Kaleth reasured putting her tail on his shoulder. He nodded and headed off. He walked to the river and took out his dagger. He quietly waited by the edge then...SPLASH. Every time a fish came by he would peirce it with his dagger. "Twenty fish could give us food for a few more days" Blade muttered to himself as he got up and walked to the others.

   He cleaned the fish as Flitz and Kaleth kept Dox warm. He took the biggest fish from the pile and put it over the fire Flitz had made and went to sit next to Dox. "How come your not cold you dove into the water to save her" Flitz asked confused. "At first I was but the I saw how bad Dox was shaking so I had to make myself warm" Blade answered. He turned the fish on the stick so it wouldn't be over cooked.

   He put the fish on some leaves to cool it down for when Dox awoke. "Ugh..." Dox grunted. Blade helped her sit up. "Are you alright" he asked. Dox whispered something. "Huh" he asked. "I'm okay and I know where Surb is" she said trying to get up but fell back down. "Your not strong enough yet first thing tomorrow morning we'll head out" Blade said stroking her back.

   Dox looked at him. "Surb's not on this planet though" Dox said tears starting to form. Everyone turned shocked. "He's on Fiburn" Dox said tears flowing down. "What but doesn't that planet get super hot at times, why would Dale take him there" Blade asked. "I think it has something to do with a special stone on that planet" Kaleth answered. "The stone that controls anything to your will" Dox gasped.

-end of chapter 12-