36

"The number you have dialed is currently switched off. Please try again later."

I gulped a frown covering my face. I gazed at my phone in pure confusion when I recalled Amy telling me Heeseung is not picking up her phone. My eyes widened as the realisation hit me. A feeling a guilt took over me, I regretted talking to the little girl like that. OMG! I'M fucked! I thought in my head. While, my eyes lingered on the Amy's phone number.

Whatever Imma call. I thought in my head and tapped the call icon. The phone began ringing so did my heart which was buzzing everytime phone rang. I was breathing heavily trying to calm down and warm my hands and feet which was getting cold out of nervousness.

"Hello?" The voice said. It was the voice of elderly woman and not Amy. Must be her Nanny.

"Hi Samantha! Is Hee- No Ethan around?" I asked breathing heavily.
"Hi Rose! No. Actually I haven't seen him since halloween. Didn't you two go out?"
"Yeah we did. Something came up and I left and now I'm calling him and he isn't picking up." I lied.
"Right? I called him too. You know, Amy is sick. She needs him, but I can't get hold of him."

"WHAT? AMY IS SICK? HOW?"
"I don't know really, after she called you. She said she wasn't feeling well and then, next day she got high fever."
"OMG!" I sheirked, cursing myself in my head. I got off the floor.

"Did you take her to doctor?" I asked, walking to my closet to get my overcoat.
"Yeah... I called family physician at home. He said its nothing serios. The fever has gone down, but she is still resting in bed." Samanth said.
"Uh.... I'm coming and do you have any idea where Heeseung could be?"
"Not really!"
"Uh.... okay. Anyways. I'm coming over."

I said it againa and quickly left the apartment. Booked a cab and went to meet Amy. I recalled the first time I met her. She was one 3 months old. I remember him telling me. If I draw the estimates.... She was born 9 months after I was pregnant and 3 months before I woke up. Everything makes sense now. She is my child, no wonder I liked her so much even though I hated children.

She is my baby. The baby I was going to abort and the baby for whom I picked up the gun again to protect her. The tears masked my cheeks, I pursed my lips trying to supress my sobs. All this time, I didn't even know my child was right in front of me. How can I talk to her like that? What kind of person I am? Such a terrible person.

"Miss, we are here." I heard driver said, when I looked at him through my blurry eyes. I could sense his sympathy. I wiped off my tears and quickly pulled out dollars and got off the cab not bothering to take the change.

I stood in front of the Heeseung's house. The gaurds opened the door when they saw me. A small smile resting on their faces when they greeted me.

"Mr. Lee isn't home Ms. Min." One of them said.
I gave him a quick smile, "I know I heard Amy is sick I'm here to meet her."
"Oh, but are you okay?"
"Yeah fine."
"Okay,"

I quickly began walking inside, the distance between the main gate and house was slightly long. And I literally ran all the way to the main house. Breathing heavily, I pressed the doorbell. My legs all wobbly from running, I catch my breath as I waited for the door to be opened.

When Samanth opened the door, I gave her the quick greeting and got inside running all the way up to Amy's bedroom. And, I saw her sitting on her bed with her tab open on her lap. On her tab I saw a picture of all of us together. Me, Heeseung and hers.

She was looking at me with her eyes wide open. I could see it in her eyes, how much that little child was holding herself back. Biting her lips, crumpling the blanket to supress her cries.

A tears slipped my eyes, "Amy...." I sobbed as I began walking in her direction.
"I'm sorry, I talked to you like that." I said, as I sat down on the edge of her bed. I softly cupped her face caressing her chubby cheeks.

"How are you?" I asked sobbing. "Are you okay? I'm sorry my baby." I whispered as I opened my arms and hugged her. For a moment her body was stiffened, "D-Do you remember me? Mom?" She asked stuttering.

My eyes widened at the realization, but instantly tears fell and I looked st her face before giving a small nod, "Yes. You know I'm mother?"

She nodded, "Dad-Dad told me that he had upset you so you forgot about us and left. And that you'll return back again but we will have to make you love us again." She said and began crying.

"I'm so sorry, I forgot. I didn't wanted to forget you. I'm sorry. Amy....." I hugged her again, while both of cried till all the tears dried.

"How did you remember? Dad said, you'll not remember us. We will have to work hard to make you my mother again..."
"Your dad is son of a-- I mean, your dad is stupid. How did he assume that I'll forget about my baby." I said with a small smile and tickled her.

She giggled, KAWAIII!

I joked a little more to lighten the emotional mood and after laughing for a while. She yawn, I guess she is is tired.

"How are you feeling?"
"I'm great now. Since Mom remembers me now." She said.
"Did you eat?"
"Yes, Ms. Sam made porridge for me."
"She did, that's good." I replied, feeling slightly jealous of the fact that Samantha has watch Amy grow up all these years I was away.

"I'm sorry, Amy. I wasn't there around the time you were growing up." I whispered.
"But, it wasn't your fault. It was dads mistake. Like you said, Dad is stupid!"
"Yeah..." I sighed looking at her. I brushed her hair softly, "How about you take a nap? I'm sure you must be tired?"

I saw the shimmer in her eyes dulling. My heart quickened, "What happened?"
"You won't forget me if I fall asleep right?"

I was taken aback when she asked me that. I recalled the memory, I had of my foster mother. Who treated me like her own child. I used to ask her something similar when she first adopted me.

"You'll not leave me right?"

And I remember her guving me the most beautiful replies everytime I asked her this. And one of the times she said, "Where would I go if you're here....

"..... How can I leave my child alone? My beautiful Princess."

A/N: Hey peeps! Sorry for running away again for so long. I had exams. Like I've one last exam but I don't know how to start studying for it. Here double update for ya... like always I have great ideas during my exam. The story is coming to an end soon. I'll post the last chapter in 3-4 days. Stay tuned guys. And thank you all for showing me love. I know I write shit and my grammar is shit but still you read this. Hats off! I don't really stan Enhypen, though I do love some of there songs. So I chose to write Heeseung's ff on whim. I don't think I can write ffs on any other memebers its kinda hard to imagine the and write. I hope you don't hate me for this. Love you♡♡♡