22

The exact same moment, the doors opened downstairs and men in black attire rushed inside momentarily attracting my attention.

My heart skipped another beat as my heart eases momentarily, the moment my eyes met his. My eyes widen and heart pounding everywhere I could possibly think of. Lee Heeseung is really here? I take a deep breath to contain in the that dream like moment. He wasn't even looking at me.

"TOUCH HER ONCE I'LL GIVE YOU A DEATH YOU NEVER EXPECTED!" Heeseung's voice echoed as his dark, eyes pierced into the man. Behind him stood six other men nonchalantly. Are they his brothers, I remembered Heeseung randomly talking about them.

I sensed a moment near me. I, upon my instinct dodged him. He stumbles back while I stumble backward pointing the gun at him. It was in the flash of moment, I heard Heeseung yell. The pain pierced in me, while I shot the gun at the man. I couldn't keep up my balance. I closed my eyes tightly, holding my stomach. I knew the stairs were behind me. Please god just save my baby. I prayed in my head as my body went downsteps. My head hitting something hard, ge pain was unbearable. I felt my bones crushing in pain my the something liquid ozzing out. Blood, I knew it.

I stopped at a point, my hands still tightly wrapped around my belly. Save my child, I kept repeating. I don't even know if I was speaking or not. I remembered my mother's words again. The words she said on her deathbed to me, mother can go any extremes to protect their child. I was now a mother. I wanted the child so badly.

I think this is what human nature is. When we have the thing, we don't understand its worth but when it is going away, we begin to understand.

My head bumped into something metallic, the pain spreads in my head.
I see someone coming towards me, my blurry eyes couldn't figure it out. My entire body was burning and throbbing in pain. I felt a arm wrapping around my me.

"Jangmi!" I heard Heeseung's voice. He sounded worried, was he worried about me?

My eyes begins to be cloaked with darkness, senses were blocked and I lost my consiousness.

A year and half later

The beeping sound of the equipments were deafening for her, that was the sound she followed to reach the light. Her long lashes twitches as her lips move as if they were saying something. The light sweeps into the room through the blinds, soft breeze flutters the white curtain.

The light falls on her face waking her up from the deep sleep. The sound filling her ear, she flutters her eyes open. The shuffling sounds of feet make her turn her to the direction of sound. She saw people in white coats surrounding her.

"Patient has woken up, inform Mr. Lee as soon as possible,"

Girl who just reached consciousness, stretched out her hands touching her belly. Her throat was dry and sore but she still asked, "Where is my baby?"

A silence filled the room. The pusling pain in her head made her groan. The pain was like something was stabbing knife in her head. Everything seemed blurry, like she was stuck in a vortex. Once again, she went unconscious.