XIV. aida acted strange today

Unedited, expect some mistakes :)

The gloomy weather didn't seem to go away even after the days of your grandmother's death. The pitter patter of rain splashed against the umbrella you were holding.

It was actually really unnerving yet again, how days passed by so fast. Almost everything came into a blur.

Just yesterday your Uncle and his children have arrived in the city, currently staying in the Laurent Manor. You found no reason to not let them, afterall, it was technically the place your uncle have lived in before he moved away with his family. For what one could consider, a family, without the mother figure by their side. You didn't really get to see or know whom his wife was, you've only get to heard stories about how she's had an affair with a different man and eventually left your father for that other man.

Other than that, your grandmother's funeral was already taking place. The ceremony on the church, you've spent half time dozing off and getting tapped on the shoulder by your cousin, Chloé. She had golden blonde hair with brown eyes, she was a year younger than you. She had an accent, perhaps it was the fact that she's lived in Paris her whole life, or that her very own mother was french. She'd look at your with concern in her eyes, asking if you were alright or even needed to take a breath, declining while you got out from reverie. Your other cousin, her younger brother, was still around eight, having the same features as her.

You thought that time passed very fast at the church, and now you found yourself holding an umbrella that kept you from getting wet away from the rain. This cemetery was exclusive only to the line of the Laurents'. To which you stared at the gravestone not too far from where your grandmother would be placed in, it was your father's very own gravestone. His parent's name engraved, yours, and his late wife, Madam Sylvia herself.

Speaking with the woman, she and her sons along with Gwen and the twins were somewhere around the place. You didn't have the time to talk to your adoptive father because you were either dragged on the front seat of the church or just he was keeping a space between the two of you. It was actually no use though, you'd probably talk to him once this was all over.

Pulling your focus away from your grandmother's casket and gazed on your surroundings, your vision darted around for a while, taking note that half of the people that were here you didn't know - before finding that emerald orbs stared right back at you, no expression lingering on his face, lips and his eyes unmoving. They were actually just on other side of where you were, a couple of feet away yet front faced towards you.

Sein just looked at you with an indescribable look.

You decided to break contact and listened to the priest's words. Something about him still doesn't sit right with you. His eyes told as if he knew everything about you and rather too, that he knew something that you did not know.

Before you knew it, the casket was already on its way six feet under. You've thrown the flower that was given to you by your uncle, eyes narrowing at the silent cries of sorrow around. From time to time you'll have your eyes staring back at them again. You did notice the way Sylvia glanced at your direction, specifically her very own emerald one focused on the man beside you, even smiling at him. You tried not to think about it that much, probably you were just mistaken. But when you saw the way your uncle looked at her, the way he tried to avoid her gaze told something that you could not point out.

You had a frown on your face as it all ended.

Would it be much of a surprise, a shock, or terrifying that those weeks have passed like the flash of a lightning, because you found yourself in the halls of the Dimoche Manor once again. Much more of a blur, everything went. You didn't even remember how you got here, just that you knew you've moved back after spending some time in your very own manor.