0. world turned under

That day when she had left was the day you realized that nothing really lasted for that long. The realization on that certain act of love was ephemeral, would be soon forever planted in your mind and would never ever be changed for the years to come.

" Why does it have to be so soon? " You could hear your mother mutter. Although there was sadness laced in her voice, tears have never ever fall from her eyes. Even with the day of your father's funeral, there was only that sorrowful expression on her face. It somehow made you ponder if she even was mournful when he had passed. He, who was your father that has left this world.

You watched her pack all of her dresses after dresses, jewelries after jewelries. All of the valuables that she held so dear, that your father have given her as his act of affection—and even though you were young, you understood what she was doing.

What she was planning to do.

She was going to leave.

" Mommy..." A pitiful croak escaped from your lips. It triggered something in her heart though you couldn't see it. Just by the way that she froze and gripped the book hugged by her hand tighter as she turned to you, staring at your small form. You had every features inherited from your father. So for her, it was painful to see the exact replica of the man she married standing infront of her.

" Please don't leave me. "

It seemed so...too obvious to you though, you just didn't want to believe that she was going to leave. She was going to leave you here in this empty mansion. She's going to leave you here all alone. If she would take you along then she would have told you to pack to. But you didn't understand...You didn't understand why she was going to leave.

" Don't worry, My darling. " She whispered and walked towards you, bending her knees lower so that she could be of the same height as you, though careful it so that her luxurious dress wouldn't be creased.

She looked at you, that shining sympathy she's feeling never seemed to let go. " It has to be this way. "

" But I don't want you to go. I don't want you to leave me! "

" Don't worry, [Name]. Mother is going to come back for you. When the right time has come...I'll be back. " Then she stood up, the case of her belongings she had closed. She was still in her mourning attire. Both of you were. A month have only passed since your father was gone and you wondered, will she even wear that color when she get out of this house.

She walked past you, fast with her feet and now through the halls of the floor. She had only carelessly closed her case that a shining necklace fell down the carpeted floor. You picked it up and tried to hold in dear for her dress, begging for her to not leave you, to let you come with her.

As she walked down the stairs, a maid suddenly took a hold of your hand, and she stopped you from running after your mother. You looked at the maid with tears, screaming to be freed from her grasp. She could only not look at you in pity.

With the sound of the carriage leaving, your breath hitched.

You were going to be alone, you had realized and no one is going to be with you. The only memory of her is the necklace your father have had given your mother was what you have.

You had already forgot the word hope, with all those weeks you've spent in the house with no one but maids and butlers.

But when he had arrived...

" Father has died, Mother had ran away. " You said, eyes dried from the tears that you have shed for many days, face stained with it. You would have cried within this moment having this man with you, but there were no more tears left to cry and you thought that you were starting to lose the ability of doing it.

And Gwen Dimoce understood how such a poor child like you, left nothing but your own self, no one to be with on your side as neither of your parents here for you.

So he thought, pondering for a moment as he held you close to him. Who knows how long have you been alone in your house. You must be so, so, so... lonely without someone to side with you.

You poor child.

You could be the older sibling to his twin daughters. You could be his own child. There were times when he couldn't spend time with them, afterall. He had many jobs to do, as a father and a man who runs many shops across the place. Norma, would she agree to this decision that he'd be making? If she were still alive, would she be happy knowing that another one has been added to their family.

Of course, she would be. Norma would love a child like you.

" Do you want me to take care of you? To be as your father figure? " With you innocent mind, you didn't know what he was talking about. You already had a father, but he's also gone...You needed someone to take care of you, even your mother have told you to learn to take care of yourself and learn how these world you live in circles around you.

You hardly thought about it.

You nodded slowly, clutching his vest, afraid that he'll let go of you. Afraid that he would abandoned you just like how she had done it. Afraid that he'll disappear like how he has.

" Then let us go to your new home. " He said, offering his hand so that you could hold it. You didn't hesitate to tangle your little fingers around his larger ones. " Whilst the both of you walk, you suddenly asked a question, one that reflects how your life has been doing. How you had asked him, " Are you going to leave me too? "

He softly smiled and shook his head. He crouched infront of you and cupped your cheek and unconsciously, you leaned in to his touch and closing your eyes. Imagining that this was your father's touch. Oh, you miss him so terribly.

" From now on, I will be your new father. " He said. " I will never ever leave you, dear. "

" Is that a promise? " You were hopeful. Hopeful that he wouldn't lie to you and to promise you that he wouldn't leave you.

As if he really meant it, he embraced you. Slowly, you wrapped your arms around his neck.

This time, you cried.

You cried of happiness, that someone is here with you. He would promise you that he would never leave you. He would stay with you forever and ever. Love you forever.

" I promise. " He said.

But it was a only matter of time.