XII. too much happenings

Wednesday mornings were meant for painting lessons.

You weren't really obligated to, given that you had that little freedom of getting away with it. Maybe it was because you were the oldest child. Maybe it was the level of strictness of your father that wasn't that harsh compared to the other fathers you've seen.

You were in the state boredom. You really didn't have anything to do. Your uncle has yet to send you a letter. Perhaps, you could visit the Laurent Manor in these following days, check on if Abigail was there. Now that you thought about it, you didn't see Abigail around when you visited home.

But in the mean time, you thought of something to get rid of that was particular boredom. So you decided to partake in this mentioned lesson.

You were quite surprised to see no one than just Nemo himself, you even expected to see Aisha, though you disregarded the possibility when you thought that she was stuffing her nose on a book again. Aida, probably just somewhere around the house, maybe horseback riding with your father or with how busy he was spending more time with Sylvia, just catching up with her twin sister. The other two boys, you could care less.

" Good morning. " You greeted with half enthusiasm. The boy who sat on the stool a small feet beside you, stood and greeted with a stutter.

Nemo was a very very meek boy. A bit clumsy - quiet overall. Despite his tranquil, and seemed to lack at everything, it came to your surprise that he had quite literally have the hands of a painter. He has such talent he graced upon. It made you feel a little insecure, sure, you were good at drawing and painting but this step brother of yours was in a whole another level of it.

Before you had started with painting, you had to wait a little more minutes for the teacher to arrive. If you could remember correctly, the last time you had met your painting teacher was a couple of months ago. Vaguely remembering that they were a female adult, who have silky blond hair that falls below her shoulder, she also had pretty shimmering blue eyes, it could be compared to an ocean. So it was strange to see a man, the opposite of who you thought might arrive. Though, not entirely. It was scary enough that they had the same features as your recent teacher. He seemed to be a new one, the reason of it, still unknown.

It looked like he caught both of your confusion, by the way he chuckled at the two of you.

" I'm Astriel. You probably expected to see my sister but well! She's currently sick so she had to pass the job to me today! " He sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck. " I assure you that I have the skills of painter and a teacher, even though it seems like it doesn't look like it, right? " You ignored his question and only nodded, a small welcoming smile stretched on your lips. You greeted for the two of you, offering him a handshake. " It's nice to meet you Mr. Astriel. I'm [Name] and this is my stepbrother, Nemo. We are looking forward to our painting session. " His bigger slim hand touched your slightly small one, shaking it in a smooth manner with a smile on his face. He stared directly at your eyes for a brief second before turning to the boy beside you, offering another shake of a hand.

" Alright! Now that introduction's have taken place, let's start shall we? "

And that's how you concluded that Nemo might've been gifted by whoever God that decided to lend such artistic skills to him. His work was progressing far more better than what you were making.

" You're doing very well, Nemo! " The blonde teacher have thrown multiple praises towards the younger boy. Though you had no complaints about it (it's not like you had to have) the lack of praise towards did loosen your motivation.

" Just need a little bit of detailing, [Name]. " You could sense that he was behind you. Leaning, by the way that you could feel his breath tickling your ears. You didn't acknowledge it however, merely more focused on his words. You nodded and continued what he said, feeling his body not close to you anymore. It made you feel weird in a way, but then again, he was just trying to tell you what to do. Helping you that is. No need to think of it hard.