twenty six

"Clarke and Finn, they're back! Open the gate!"

Bellamy and I made our way out of the dropship, completely forgetting about the moment we had just had together. We didn't have time to stand and kiss all day, we needed to make sure that Clarke and Finn were alright.

Something knotted in the pit of my stomach when I realized no one was calling out about Monty. Being a pace ahead of Bellamy, I was the first to get to his sister as well as Clarke and Finn.

"Where the hell have you guys been?" I asked them, having a small idea that maybe Anya took them, as well. She didn't mention anything to me, though, which was probably smart. I would've looked for them when I was there.

"Anya had us," Clarke said, out of breath. She crashed into me, giving me a tight, firm hug. "She said you were taken, too. Are you alright?"

"Yeah, she didn't harm me," I said, then took in their states. "You guys look like hell, though."

"We heard an explosion," Clarke exclaimed. "Did someone activate the mines?"

"More like blow a hole in the side of the dropship using all the gunpowder we had," I said with a bit of sarcasm linked to my words, though all of it was true.

"Where's Monty?" Jasper asked, ignoring Finn's sudden worrisome plea.

"Monty's gone?" Clarke asked, and I swallowed a lump in my throat. The grounders didn't take him. He would've been back by now. He was gone for good. I rubbed my head and tried to take the sudden thought out of it.

"Clarke, we need to leave, now," Finn said, looking intensely at the blonde girl. He then looked to me, and someone behind me. I assumed it was Bellamy, and when I felt a hand placed lightly on the small of my back, I knew that it was. It calmed me down a bit from hearing Finn's nervous tone, one that he didn't have often. "All of us do," Finn added. "The grounders are coming. They have an army, something that we have never even imagined, coming for this camp. We need to pack as much as we can and get our asses out of here."

"Like hell we do," Bellamy said, squeezing my waist before stepping in front of me. "We all knew that the grounders were coming."

"Bell, we're not prepared," Octavia said, speaking up for the first time.

"And they aren't here yet," Bellamy continued. "We still have time. We have no where to go. Our only place is behind these walls."

"There's an ocean to the east," Finn stated. "People there will help us."

That was exactly what Sulfur had said to me, and I still wasn't sure that I agreed with what he told me.

"You saw Lincoln," Octavia said, her eyes glazing over with a tint of happiness that her loved one was okay.

"You expect us to trust a grounder?" Bellamy asked her.

"Another one told me the same thing," I blurted out, making Bellamy turn around to face me, a confused and angry look on his face. "This one grounder, Sulfur, he walked me out of the camp and told me to leave before his people came to kill us. Head east and there's an ocean."

"Why didn't you tell me that you had made acquaintances while you were there?" Bellamy questioned. His tone was angry but his face was gentle.

"I wasn't sure if I was going to do what he said," I told him softly. "He knows Lincoln, he's not bad, Bellamy."

"So, what? You want to leave, too?" he asked me, but then turned to the rest of the hundred. "This is our home, now We built this from nothing with our bare hands! Our dead are buried behind that wall in this ground- our ground! The grounders think they can take that away. They think that because we came from the sky, that we don't belong here. But they have yet to realize on very important fact; we are on the ground now, and that means we are grounders!"