thirteen

"We're running out of time," Clarke said. I turned away from Bellamy, and knelt down to the vials with Clarke.

"Which one is it? If you tell us, they will stop, I promise you," I said sincerely to the grounder. The look in his eyes told me he understood what I was saying, but probably didn't believe it. I have tried to get these people to stop all night, and it hasn't worked.

"Please tell us which is the antidote, and they will stop this," Clarke replied, frantically picking up vials and putting them back down.

"If that doesn't work, maybe this will," Bellamy said. He picked up a large nail that was in the shape of a T, and I knew what he was going to do. The look on his face gave it away. "Zen, Clarke, you don't have to be here for this."

"I'm not leaving until you get that antidote," Clarke stated, backing up from the grounder. I stood up, and turned to Bellamy. I cringed as my arm moved, and Clarke went to check my wound, put I pushed her away.

"Don't come near me," I spat at her. I turned my attention back to Bellamy. "Have you not learned a single thing from this? Don't hurt him!"

Bellamy was silent as he stared into my eyes for a few moments, as if saying sorry with no words.

"Last chance," he whispered, already wrapping his hand around the grounder's wrist. I shook my head, and turned away, staring at the wall. A few seconds later, I heard skin being pierced and grunts being made. I flinched, and Octavia put a hand on my arm. I looked at her, tears burning at the brim of my eyes. I couldn't take any of this, I was too weak to.

Raven then came up to the third level, taking in the scene. It must've been something; a grounder with a nail in his hand, me breaking down with a nearly broken collarbone, Clarke standing there looking almost pleased.

"What's taking so long? He stopped breathing," Raven said, panting. She came as fast as she could to get to us.

"What?" Clarke asked.

"He started again, but next time, he might not," Raven replied.

"He won't tell us anything," Clarke said, defeated.

"Want to bet?" Raven asked, an idea brewing in her head. She went over to the set of wires beside the grounder, and pulled the two blues ones out of their sockets. Electric burns.

"What are you doing?" Bellamy asked.

"Showing him something new," Raven said, slapping the ends of the wires together. Snapping sounds emerged, and in an instant, Raven pressed the two wires to the grounder's tattoo filled chest, causing him to shake. He was scared, it was the first time he had showed it. This was new to him, electricity wasn't a thing the grounders had.

"Which one is it? Come on!" Raven screamed, placing the wires back on the bloody man. "He's all I have!" The lights kept flickering each time she pressed the wires to the grounder. My attention went from the torture over to Octavia, who had grabbed the knife that started all of this.

"No more!" Octavia screamed.

"He's letting Finn die!" Raven shouted back, ready to attack again. She didn't when she saw Octavia cutting a line in her skin. She was going to poison herself so the grounder would tell us what the antidote was. He wouldn't let her die. We should've thought of it sooner.

"Octavia no," Bellamy cried out, but it was too late. Blood was already coming out of the wound, the poison already in her blood system.

"He won't let me die," Octavia said, looking straight into the grounder's eyes. Already I saw the worry on the grounder's face. Octavia knelt down to where the vials were, and pointed at certain ones with the tip of the knife, asking him if it was the right one. She begged him to tell her which one was the antidote. Subtly, the grounder moved his head to the left, and Octavia pointed to the last vial in the row. She held it up to his face, and the grounder nodded. I sighed in relief, letting all the bad air out of my system.