ten

"Octavia?"

My head lifted up when I heard Bellamy's voice coming from outside of my tent. He sounded frantic. I got up, slipped on my jacket, and went to see him.

"Bellamy?" I said, making him turn around.

"Oh, Zen," he said, sounding relieved. He came over to me, the torch he was holding illuminating his facial features. His freckles were more noticeable than they normally were. "Have you seen Octavia?"

"No, not since we were in the woods with you," I answered. My words make Bellamy take a deep breath, worry filling his eyes once again. "She has to be here. I'll check the tents if you take the dropship." When I realized that I actually haven't seen Octavia in more than half a day, I was starting to get worried myself. Any grounder could've taken her on, she was weaponless. I went around to all the tents, opening the flaps, causing a few unhappy people to cuss at me. I just shrugged them off.

After half an hour, and all the tents searched, Bellamy came to the conclusion that she was missing. I helped him grab a bunch of weapons, and threw them in a pile in the middle of the camp.

"Hey everybody," Bellamy yelled, grabbing the attention from mostly the entire camp. "Gather around and grab a weapon. My sister's been out there alone for twelve hours. Arm up. We are not coming back without her."

I had already grabbed my bow and the arrows I got from Atom, and a knife I stuck in my belt. I watched as everyone picked a weapon of their choice, and gripping it tight. I saw Jasper grab one, and I went over to him.

"Jasper, you don't have to do this," I told him, seeing his nervousness. The last time we was outside the camp grounds, he found the fingers of Wells, and that ended badly. I didn't want him to think he owed Octavia or anyone. "You haven't fully left camp since we got you back. Don't feel obligated to do this."

"Zen, I need to do this," he told me, being completely serious. I patted his shoulder, giving him a small smile.

"We need all the people we can get," Bellamy said, giving Jasper a bit more confidence. I made a mental note to keep a watch on him, incase something happened.

"We need a tracker," I said, watching as everyone started to get ready to leave the camp. "Finn, get your ass out here."

After a little bit, and a stern talk to Clarke, he came over to me. He nodded at me as we went to leave, when Raven told us to stop and look up. I glanced into the sky, and saw a bunch of stars falling down. My stomach knotted, and I thought I was going to pass out.

"They didn't see the flares," Raven said, looking at me, disappointed.

"A meteor shower tells you that?" Bellamy asked her, obviously not connecting the dots.

"It's not a meteor shower," I stated, "it's a funeral. It's people being released into Earth. This is what it looks like from down here."

"They didn't get our message," Clarke said, sounding sad, just like me. I felt defeated, my idea didn't work. We wasted time, energy and resources for nothing.

"This is all because of you!" Raven screamed, pushing at Bellamy. I held her back, trying to keep chaos from erupting.

"I helped you find the radio," he answered back, looking annoyed. We were back to this again.

"Yeah, after you jacked it from my pod and trashed it!" Raven snarled, trying to get out of my grip. I kept a tight grip on her arms.

"Raven, he knows," I told her, causing her to relax slightly.

"Now he has to live with it," Clarke said, walking away.

"All I know is that my sister is out there and I'm going to find her," Bellamy said out loud. "You coming or what?" he asked Finn. He nodded, spitting out a quiet 'yeah'. "Well then what are we waiting for? Move out!"