34. Proposal

3rd Person
-

It was the last day of the trip, it went like any other day. They just had a bbq and got full before going back outside to sit and drink.

Josh was in their room, he took a look at the ring, saying "go time" before closing it up and putting it in his pocket.

••••

Josh walked around the jewelry store observing the many rings. He carefully eyed every one of them, the different shapes, sizes, colors.

"This the one" he mumbled, pointing to a pear-cut ring through the glass. Jon nods in approval as Josh told the jeweler who also nodded "nice choice, thats a pear-cut moissanite ring, 14k white gold, 3 carat."

"I want it" Josh said pulling out his wallet. The jeweler got the ring and the box. Going over to the cash register he said "that'll be $1, 550." As Josh took out his card to hand to the cashier Jon cheesed, placing his hand on his brothers shoulder "goin big time huh? this is it uce."

He smiled back "yea it is."

••••

He looked at himself in the mirror, rubbing his beard he chuckled "shoulda trimmed this up a lil bit." He left out the room and went out to the balcony where the rest were waiting.
"Damn, were you in there stinkin it up?" Jon asked. The group laughed while Josh mugged him "chill bruh." They all headed down to the beach where there was a sitting area set up.

*Imagine it's set up at night

"Aye this is nice, " Jon exclaimed as they all took their seats

"Daddy I don't wanna sit on a pillow" one of his kids said.

"Then build a sandcastle" he replied, Jade chuckled and Trinity hit him "stop being mean. If yall want yall can head back in." They nod and dart back up the stairs to the house.

Jon shook his head "kids tsk tsk, and this what you want? a couple rugrats runnin around?" he asked Josh who looked at Jade "yea I still want that." She smiled back at him.

About an hour passed and everyone was drinking, having a good time. Jon said loudly "aye my baby brother bout to be in the W W E!!!" Josh laughed "man he is."

Jon smacked his teeth "you know what I mean. He bout to be with the BIG DAWGS....and he bout to HAVE his big dawgs out too" he joked referring to Josephs feet.

"Calm down Jonathan" their father said. "Congrats son" he said to Joseph. "Thanks pops." He then took a pillow and chucked it at Jon who almost fell over, everyone busted out laughing.

"Aye dont make me lay you out in this sand lil uce."

"Bet" Joseph said standing up, their dad cackled "get em boy."

"Pops you encouraging this?"

As the three were playing around, Josh took Jade's hand, whispering in her ear "come walk with me." She nodded and they got up.

Josh and Jade walked along the beach, his nerves increasing every second. They held hands as he said "time flew right? you remember when we first met?" She tilted her head ".....no" he looked confused and she laughed "I'm joking babe, of course I remember." He chuckled "I knew then from that very moment I wanted you." She smiled "well we have Trin to thank because she played match maker. We were too scary." He laughed and continued.

"Yep, but we had a connection even from across the country. All the phone calls, face-times, texts." She nodded "I knew it would work because you were genuine. I didn't get a weird vibe and I appreciate that." They swing their hands as they walked along the shore.

"Same to you, I aint been in a long term relationship in a while and won't really rushin to. But when I saw you that day, as the more shy brother I had to come out my shell. It is thanks to Trin, but I kept up communication after because I developed feelings for you real quick." He confessed, Jade pouted "aww, guess I got it like that" she joked.

"You do" he affirmed, pausing for a moment "we been through some shit too" pondering on the drama that seemingly plagued their relationship. "But we got through it" she said looking up at him. "We did, with all those situations it was me who lashed out, me who came off as insecure. I apologize again. "

"I forgive you Josh, and honestly? This is the most secure I've felt in a while. We've had ups and downs but I trust you, I love you, and I'm madly in love with you" Jade spoke softly. He stopped walking "you love me?" Looking into her eyes, he slowly got down on one knee, her eyes widened and she gasped "Josh." He pulled out the ring box.

"Jade Alexander Dawson, will you marry me?"

With tears streaming down her face she nodded frantically "yes YES."

He showed a big smile, taking the ring out and sliding it onto her ring finger, both of their hands were shaking. They quickly embraced, him lifting her up and twirling around.

"HE DID HIS BIG ONE POPS" they could hear Jon screaming as everyone else clapped and cheered loudly.