24. Calm Before

𝐉𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐃𝐚𝐰𝐬𝐨𝐧It's been a couple hours since we been at the pool party

𝐉𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐃𝐚𝐰𝐬𝐨𝐧
It's been a couple hours since we been at the pool party. It was just some of the family and friends here. Drinks were flowing, food was good, we ate when we got here. Some were in the pool and others scattered around. I had my hair tied up while I was in because if I get this lace wet? Party OVER.

Me and Josh were hugged up in a corner, giving each other lil kisses. He put his face in the crook of my neck, then we felt a big splash of water, looking to see Jon and Trin cackling "GET A ROOM YA NASTIES" he snickered. I groan asking Josh "did my lace get wet?"

"Nah ion think so, you want me to get him?" I nod pouting.

He swam over to Jon and they started play fighting, me and Trin laughed as Josh put Jon under the water. Jon popped back up yelling "HELP ME PLEASE, HELP ME PLEASE" like pops. Pulling out my phone I started recording them "GET EM BAE" I yelled to Josh who had Jon in a headlock.

Their dad came out and chuckled at the sight "boys, boys stop trying to
k!ll each other and come in, you uh have a guest." They finally stopped and got out, Josh helping me up.

As all of us dried off with towels Jon asked "what guest we got?" Josh shrugged. "Guess we bout to see."
I put back on my long t-shirt and we head inside to see everyone else sitting around, but a woman was standing near the door with a child.

"Taneisha whatchu doin here? "Josh asked annoyed. Oh this is the ex. "Josh i'm sorry I had to do it like this but you blocked me when I asked to meet up. This is what I wanted to discuss" she held the boy's hand.

Josh looked agitated, Jon looked over it, and I was confused.

"So whatchu saying?" he asked.

".....Jacob here, might be your son" she said.

My heart broke as I heard this mans ex tell him and me, that he may be the father of HER child. My breathing became heavy as they continued.

"It's not the right time for this" Josh said. "So when is? In another 4 years?" She asked. "That's how long you chose to wait" he spat angrily. She sighed "I know and, I'm sorry but I was tryna figure things out."

By now the whole room was quiet, everyone was focused on those 2. Josh was furious and Jon was trying to calm him down "uce man relax it's a kid here remember? Taneisha yall can't talk another day? Let him cool off" he said. She nods "yeah sure, thats fine, um sorry for intruding." Her and the child leave.

Some minutes pass with nothing but silence, finally Josh looks at me, his face softens "baby I-"

"I'm ready to go" I spat walking towards the door. He speaks again
"can we just ta-"

"IM READY TO GO" I yell swinging the front door open and walking outside.