Ex for a reason (revised)

Jade Dawson

"Now why are you choosing to meet up with him?" Ja'on asks in annoyance as he watches me get ready to met with Melo. I shrug, thinking about it "mmm, I don't know." He gives me a look like i'm stupid "you dont know.....and yet you're still going? child is the light on in there?" he asks. I shoo him away "look I can get a sense of closure, we ended on a bad note."

He scoffs "yes, him cheating and lying to you about it is the bad note, plus he already moved on what else could he wanna talk about unless that girl dumped him too?"

"I got it Ja relax" I chuckle at his irritation. I 100% get where he's coming from. Maybe this is stupid but it's something I wanna do. I didn't even get to say all I wanted to during out argument. I wanted to tell him how I felt about the way he acted during our relationship.

"Ok, just put the mace in your purse" he says throwing his hands up and leaving my room. I smack my teeth.

....

I sitting the restaurant we're supposed to meet at, and Melo's late. I've been waiting for 15mins, luckily I order a little appetizer to snack on while I wait because I just wanna say my peace and leave. After what felt like years he finally arrives, looking smug as ever.

"Sup Jade" he says going for a hug while i'm sitting. I slightly push him back and he chuckles "oh it's like that?"

"Been like that, have a seat." I say smartly. He takes his seat and also starts the conversation "i'ma just keep it short & simple, I apologize. But you gotta understand where i'm coming from-" I quickly cut him off because he's already starting off wrong. "Save all that because I know what I saw, a bitch on your lap and apparently on your bare chest too. He shook his head like I was wrong.

I continue ranting "what happened to us? To YOU??? We were fine in the beginning, everything was good, and then you signed-"

"Jade dont even start with that" Melo sounded agitated.

"I have to, that's the catalyst for our downfall!!" I exclaim angrily. He knows I'm right.

"Me signing? Showcasing my talents in the nba? Making hella money?" he got slightly louder.

"No that's great for you and I was HAPPY for you. I'm talking about you becoming a different person, we're not gonna act like that had nothing to do with it. Or did you just get tired of me because you had access to other women like *snaps* that??" I glare at him.

He laughed, rubbing his face "tuh, sounds like jealously to me." Alright convo fucking over. I said what I had to say and he's acting like an ass once again. Now we're done. I tuck my lips in and only nod, not in confirmation of his bullshit, but in realization that this is going absolutely nowhere.

My phone rings and I look down to see it's Josh, this is the part where I get petty. I answer his call right in front of Melo who has a scowl on his face. He can get up and leave if he wants.

"Hey, whats going on" I answer cheerily to Josh who's in a room.

"Nothin much, just wanted to hear your voice, see how you doin" he smiled.

"Awww you miss me?" I ask.

"Yeah, I do" he laughs "you miss me?" licking his lips. Hell yea.

"Of course" I smile. I can see Melo shift in his seat like we had anything else to talk about. "What are you doing?" I ask Josh who lays his head on a pillow "just tryna relax after that plane ride, I gotta have you over to the house soon" he said making me giggle. Melo then scoots his seat back and stands up, throwing up the deuces before walking out the restaurant. I'm ordering something else anyways.

"Yeah I would love that, gotta see what the crib looking like" I joke. He grins "girl you know I'm clean." I continue talking with him as I order my food.