Develop (revised)

Jade Dawson

It's been a month since I first met Josh and we've kept up communication really well. We had a second date which ended in a basketball game because he was so sure he wanna gonna embarrass me and that did not happen. He told me his schedule and I was floored, they're pretty much on the road some days out of every week. But as busy as he is we still talk otp, facetime, text.

I was currently over Ja'ons house waiting on him to get ready so we can head out to eat dinner but he wants to take forever and a day. "HURRY UP JA" I yell to him upstairs. "CANT RUSH PERFECTION BABYCAKES" he yells back as I see him walk across the hall in a towel with another wrapped around his head. He.....has no hair. I sigh as I play on my phone while watching tv, deciding to facetime Josh. He answers my call and I see he's at the gym. "Oh wait am I interrupting you?" I ask. "Nah you good, I'm on a break right now" he huffs.

"So what you up to?" he asked. "I'm waiting for my brother to get dressed so we can go eat, you tryna get right huh?" I joke.

"We got a show tomorrow in houston thats why i'm working out, it's routine." he said.

"Yeah I see your lil workout vids on insta" I smirk. He occasionally posts clips of him working out, and I feel like a perv for admiring his body in certain angles.

"and dont save em either" he chuckled too late I thought as he turns his head "aye uce, uce" he said to someone, Jon then appeared in the screen "sup jade." I waved before saying "I'm about to get a quick screenshot."

"Ok wait" he said before making a face, fine ass I took the screenshot.

Jon walked away "you always smilin at me, what you like me?" he asked cutely

Jon walked away "you always smilin at me, what you like me?" he asked cutely. I giggled "a lil bit." He laughs and nods "oh alright, I like you a lil bit too."

"It's a televised show?" I ask.

"Yea, it's 8 on fox, we all throughout it, thats if you wanna watch but you dont have to." I quickly nod "no I will, I wanna support you." He grinned "thank you, I really appreciate it."

"Well I'll let you get back to it. Talk to you later."

"Alright" he said before we hung up.

"Damn he fine" I heard from behind me. I jump and see Ja'on who's now dressed. Was he being nosy listening to us the whole time? "Boy don't do that, and how long you been there again???" I ask frowning at him.
"Oh just about.......the entire time." He says plainly "but you can tell me more about him later, let's go."
.....

"Ok spill it, who's the man?" Ja asks as we eat. I chuckle as I put my fork down "he's the brother in law of my friend, she invited me to a cookout they were having and I talked to him there. We've been on 2 dates and so far, it's going good."

"Name."

"huh?"

"I want a name" he says pulling out his phone, not caring about shit else I said. I roll my eyes and tell him Josh's ring name- Jey Uso as he looks it up.
Ja'on looks at his phone and he's scrolling "damn he is fine....samoan??...
36???" I continue eating as he fawns over Josh.

Ja simply puts his phone down and takes a sip of his drink, nodding in approval he gives me a thumbs up. Guess he's speechless.

"So when you gonna see him again?" he then asks.

"Mmm hopefully soon, I miss him."

Ja'on fake coughs "whipped."

I laughed "you saw how he looks, you'd be whipped too."

"Shit I would've gave him the draws already so" I stale face him "of course you would."

We contuine chatting & eating when I get a dm on instagram. Opening the app and going to my requests I see it's from......Melo? What the hell does he want?

Melodontmiss: can we talk?
Decline Allow

Ja'on notices my look of confusion, "something wrong?" I show him my phone. "Ugh this bastard, you should've blocked him everywhere." I nod in agreement. I only blocked his number after I left him, I didn't even bother to block him anywhere else. I dont even know why I'm debating on what to do, it should be an easy choice. I kinda wanted to hear his excuse for treating me like that. I accepted the message and responded.

Me: you talked enough what else is there to say lmao.

He responded extremely quick.

Melodontmiss: I shouldn't have talked to you like that fr. Can we meet up?

Meet up? You know what, i'll do it. The petty in me wants to hear him out just to shut him down again.

Me: where?

He sent me a location and I left him on read. Let's see how this shit goes.