Ch. 10: The Fifth Month, Calling

Month five.

The half way mark of Boscha's pregnancy had arrived but the stages wouldn't become easier from this point on.

"I officially hate pregnancy!" Boscha said.

She had back pain, heart burn, she could barely walk because her ankles were swollen, and a bunch of other symptoms.

"I can't walk, I can't think, Amity is the only one that is here for three more hours, and she became a pen!" Boscha looked over to Amity's side of the bed and saw a pen, "Stupid magic burst. Luz doesn't get home for about three hours."

'Ghost, Maya, Amethyst! If you can hear me, please help!' Amity thought to their Palismen, not being able to talk as a pen.

Boscha picked up Amity and examined her.

"Well, now you know how Luz feels, Mittens." Boscha said.

Looking to the side, Boscha saw a notepad on the nightstand.

'Maybe I should try drawing something? I do have a pen.' Boscha thought.

She grabbed it and put Amity against it.

'Wait, no! You don't know what my ink is!' Amity thought, thinking her ink could be her blood.

Boscha got as far as writing her name when the door opened.

"I'm home early!" Luz said, "Perks of being the owner!"

'Oh thank Titan!' Amity thought.

"Luz! Amity's a pen!" Boscha said.

"Huh?" Luz said in confusion before gazing at the pen she was holding. "OH! She was hit with your magic burst. Let me get the wand."

Luz got the pen from Boscha's hand and headed to the other nightstand to get the wand.

She pulled it out and turned Amity back.

"How's my beautiful wife?" Luz asked, "Both of them."

"Everything hurts." Boscha and Amity said at the same time.

"Boscha I could understand but why you, Amity?" Luz asked her.

"Boscha just used me to write down something and I think the ink was my blood." Amity said to her.

"You know, Camila has offered to help me while pregnant." Boscha said.

"And as I've said, I won't allow her to get hit with a magic burst!" Luz said.

Luz had just patched things up with her mother and she didn't want things to be weird if she found out that Boscha randomly turned them into objects, and the last thing she wanted was to come back and find a Camila Vase.

"So what do you expect to do? They're becoming more frequent." Boscha said.

"I... I don't know." Luz said, "I just-"

Another burst went off, Amity got out of the way, Luz was now grudgby ball. Amity looked at Boscha.

"I'll call Camila and turn Luz back." Amity said, picking up her ball wife.

"Good call." Boscha said with a nod.

Amity walked to call Camila, while dribbling Luz.

"Amity!" Luz said, lucky to have a mouth this time. "I'm getting sick!"

"Don't worry, I'll be done in a second." Amity said, spinning her on a finger.

She tossed Luz into a hamper and used her magic to return her to normal.

"Still got it." Amity said, grabbing a phone that can talk thought dimensions.

A one of a kind item from Blight Industries, AKA Amity using her resources to make stuff that will help her. She dialed in Camila's number and waited.

"Hello?" Camila asked through the phone.

"Hi, Camila. It's Amity." Amity said with a smile.

"Ah, Amity, what can I do for you?" Camila asked.

"Well, I'm calling to see if your offer was still open to help with Boscha's pregnancy." Amity said as Luz pulled herself out of the hamper.

"I still don't like this plan." Luz said.

"Of course." Camila said, "I will always be ready to help my daughters. Maybe this will allow me to see what Luz finds so special about that place as well."

"Oh no." Luz said, hearing her mother.

"Great, I'll see you tomorrow then." Amity said, hanging up, "It'll be nice to actually talk to my mother in law."

"But you may have to try and calm her down after telling her certain things." Luz said.

"I know." Amity said, "Don't worry, everything will be fine."

"It's not that I don't trust your word, but I'm going to find my Witch's Wool cloak. Give mom some protection." Luz said as she left to find the cloak.

"If you had that this whole time, why didn't you use it?" Amity asked Luz.

"I forget sometimes!" Luz replied.

"And you're in charge of two companies?" Amity asked.

"I can be forgetful sometimes, it's a part of my charm." Luz said to Amity.

"Sure." Amit said, not believing Luz.

"You love it." Luz said.

"No... I love you." Amity said, "There's a difference."