Reunited (Chapter 5)

Matt's POV:

I jumped out of the open window and started running towards Gus. "AUGUSTUS!" I yelled out, I saw him turn around and squint not knowing what was running up to him. Before he could actually register what was happening I pounced on him gripping the back of his shirt not letting him go like he was gonna disappear for months again. I felt my tears start forming in my eyes. "MATTHOLOMULE?" He finally registered what was going on. I felt him hug me back tighter than I imagined he would hug me. I sat up and got off of him still sitting beside him. I looked around to see who's he's with. The human, plant girl, human part 2, Abomination girl, and.. is that the golden guard..?

"Can someone catch me up because I thought you two hated each other..?" Luz said with a confused expression on her face. I stared at Augustus wondering why he didn't tell them about what happened at the graveyard. "oh! When I went to the looking glass ruins turns out everyone was actually rude except for Matty. He kinda helped me get unstuck and stuff." Gus responded while sitting up. I flipped my hair and a little bit of the glitter I put in it earlier fell out. I bet he thought I looked so cool!

Gus's POV:

I looked at Matty weirdly, why was there glitter falling out of his hair..? Also what's on his face? I grabbed his chin making him look at me and I wiped off whatever he had going on with his face. He looked stunned and a little red, I giggled at how easy he can be to get flustered. I knew he didn't actually like me because he just blushes easily. He told me himself.

I let go of his face and then heard running coming from behind Mat. I looked behind him to see Skara and Barkus..? Barkus started barking though I didn't know what he was saying. Mattholomule did get angry and started blushing though. He then shoved Barkus and he started laughing. Skara did the same as well as I just sat confused. "Anyway, come on! We'll show you to New Hexside!" Skara exclaimed after letting out her laughter.

Mattholomule stood up and reached his hand out towards me, I stared at his hand but then put mine on his. I know he meant it to be friendly but for some reason I couldn't help but blush. I tried hiding it until he pulled me up. I heard Luz, Amity, and Willow start whispering but all I could hear was 'Gustholomule'. Who even is Gustholomule..? My thoughts got interrupted by Mattholomule pulling on my arm making him basically drag me to whatever 'New Hexside' is.

On the way to the place I suddenly realized I was still holding hands with Mat because of him tightening his grip around my hand. I tried looking at his face but he was turned away looking at the trees. All I could see was the back of his ears, they were bright red. Does he like me? I questioned myself. He couldn't, he doesn't look gay.. well I would be lying to myself, he looks so gay. But for me..? I let go of his hand wanting to see his reaction. He turned to me and quickly responded "IM SO SORRY I DIDNT REALIZE WE WERE HOLDING HANDS." he said in a low voice so the others couldn't hear him. He started playing with the rim of his fingerless glove. I giggled "Don't worry Matty, it's fine!" I then smiled after I said that.

Matt's POV:

My face flushed a bright red when he called me Matty. I turned away trying to get my mind off of him. My face was slowly but surely turning back to it's normal color. Noticing that the surroundings seem familiar I smiled "We're almost there!" I got a bit excited saying that in my thoughts. Today's mission was exhausting, I just wanted to lay down on the floor and relax. "We're here" Skara said while walking up the steps. I quickly ran up the steps with her to get rid of the sign. As she opened the doors I announced "Welcome to New Hexside!"

Barkus ran over to his friends quickly leaving us and started whispering to them something. I shrugged "this place is kind of disgusting.." Luz muttered quietly but loud enough for us to hear. "It's not our faults, we've tried fixing the place up but sadly Boscha won't let us" I'd respond rolling my eyes and crossing my arms. "BOSCHA?" Willow yelled quickly covering her mouth with her hand after realizing how loud she said that. "Yeah, Boscha. She's a terrible leader." Skara whispered the last part. I giggled and when I got done I saw Augustus staring at me like he just saw the most amazing thing ever.

I tilted my head and he quickly glanced away. "whatever" I thought to myself, we approached the statue of Principal Bump and naturally I saluted to it. Eileen came running towards us screaming Augustus's name, they wanted to ask them if paperclips were edible and if they were a good meat substitute. I slyly leaned in wanting to hear his answer as well. "NO PAPER CLIPS ARE NOT A GOOD MEAT SUBSTITUTE.. HAVE PEOPLE BEEN EATING THOSE?" he asked with a slightly worried tone. Eileen freaked out and ran away, I rubbed the back of my neck realizing how many I've eaten. The worry quickly went away after looking at Augustus fully, the light was shining a little bit on his eye making it sparkle. I blushed, am I developing a.. crush..?

NO WAY, I don't like my best friend. We're just friends and nothing more, I will never like him. Even if he is really smart, surprising mature for his age, and most importantly very pretty- I got cut off with a hand waving in front of my face. "AH!" I screamed, "You ok matty?" He gave me a crooked smile. I awkwardly laughed, "yeah, I'm fine." why was I looking at Augustus for so long. Oh Titan, maybe I do like him..?

AHHHHHHH!! IM FINALLY DONE WITH THIS CHAPTER, ALSO I WROTE THIS ON MY PHONE SO IT MIGHT BE A BIT BAD. 1078 WORDS BTW!! THATS SO MUCH ESPECIALLY FOR ME. ALR I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GOOD DAY/NIGHT LOVE YOUU 😼