Chapter 18

They followed Draven to the front doors, and Cody showed the guards his card. Then the guards pulled out VIP wristbands around Cody's and his friends' wrists.

As they entered inside, Loona grabbed Cody's shoulder and said loud enough in his ear for him to hear her over the music, "Cody, you stay close to me no matter what! You're not by my side even for one moment, and you're in big trouble!"

Cody replied, "I don't plan to! I'll only be gone if I go to the bathroom!"

"Nope! Not even to the bathroom! I don't trust this place at all! I don't care if it's the men's room. I'm not going to risk you getting kidnapped!"

"Same here! Verosika kidnapped you when you were minding your own business, taking a piss!" Blitzo added as everyone walked down the hall and up the stairs.

Cody shrugged, "Fair enough!"

Loona held Cody's hand firmly, not letting go as Millie and Moxxie held hands. When they got inside, it was even more impressive than the outside. There was more than one dancefloor with DJs, LED light-up dance floors, strobe lights with broken light rays against the fog, and tons of demons, both Hell-born and sinner demons, dancing, drinking, or making out.

"Don't even fucking think about it, pal!" Crymini warned.

Everyone turned to her. Two male Hellhounds were flirting with her. One tried to grab her ass, which was not a good idea.

"Come on, baby. We're all here for fun," a male Hellhound said.

Crymini grabbed him by the throat and, with her other hand, had her wrist flame thrower ready as it had a small flame coming out.

"Get the fuck outta here, or I'm gonna melt the flesh off of your bones," Crymini stated.

Shadow popped his katana with his thumb, ready to unsheathe it while his girlfriend had her hands over her 1911 pistols on her thigh holsters. Everyone gave the two amateurs mean glares, and they both broke into a cold sweat while trembling and dashed away.

"Anyone else?! Didn't think so!" Crymini warned.

"Come on, let's go!" Millie said, grabbing her arm.

Draven waved his staff to make a magical bridge for them to walk over the crowds of demons. Several demons saw Cody, and their eyes widened with surprise. Cody smiled and waved back as they waved to him. There were two big Hellhound guards when they reached the doors on the other side of the room. They opened the doors and let them in. The loud music got quieter as they went up the stairs.

The room was less crowded than the floors below, and no common demons existed. It was all big-league demons. Overlords, members of the Goetia Family like knights, dames, lords, ladies, viscounts, viscountesses, barons, baronesses, counts, and countesses. Many of them were bird demons, fox demons, or reptile demons. They drank liquor, smoked fancy cigars or cigarettes, or ate fancy ice cream. Duke Dantalion was talking to some friends, including Asmodeus himself. Then he looked up and smiled when he saw Cody walk in.

"My dark lord, Cody Laurent, and his friends have arrived to see you," Draven informed.

The Duke stood up with his arms out, "Cody Laurent!"

Everyone stopped talking or doing what they were doing and turned their attention to Cody and his friends.

"The golden boy. The Guardian of Hell. The boy who killed Valentino and now has recently killed Sonato and Zagan!" Duke Dantalion announced.

Everyone cheered, clapped, or raised their glasses in respect.

He approached Cody and put his hand on his shoulder, "Cody is cleaning up this realm! He. Is. A keeper! They all are. The VVV Legion got something to be afraid of. I mean, I sure as Hell am glad he's on our side."