And the list of reasons why Sita shouldn't be here could go on and on – but the bottom line was simple, Sita had to stay out of Medb and Ramses' conversation, for her own sake and theirs.

Nitocris also had to be left out of the conversation – but for a different reason entirely. If Sita didn't want Medb's position to be weakened, she certainly didn't want Ramses' position to be strengthened.

Ramses, who is in the lead in the negotiation – did not need to show off his power as Medb needed to, to make the other side consider his position more solid. He was already above Medb by the fact that he was in his territory, in his kingdom, palace and throne room. Nitocris, in this case, was not an embarrassingly small entourage for him. Especially considering that he was in his own territory, where his entourage was his entire territory and all its inhabitants, not to mention the sphinxes, which he had already demonstrated their power of.

Which meant that every extra person only strengthened his position.

Not to mention that the presence of Nitocris, who had been enchanted moments ago and was now in a state of confusion about what was going on, could create a problem for Medb with her mere presence.

Luckily for Medb, however, Sita was well aware of these things, and so as she approached the door Sita took a step toward Nitocris, causing her to automatically look away from her. Another proof of her inexperience, in diplomatic settings it would have been considered rude or a violation of etiquette, even if only a small one, to do such a thing.

From the bewildered expression on her face, she was still trying to rationalize her feelings about Medb, which had disappeared as suddenly as they had appeared. But at the same time she was not ready to question Ramses' judgment and therefore not willing to accuse Medb of anything.

Sita, however, only shook her head slightly at the faux pas, then smiled slightly as Nitocris did finally realize the picture before her. "I beg your pardon, Nitocris, this is the first time I'm meeting the great Pharaoh, Ramses himself, so I wanted to know as much about him as possible before our first meeting."

Nitocris blinked a little incomprehensibly after these words before, as if realizing something, she nodded.

Sita only smiled a little at the words that instantly flowed out of Nitocris, who immediately stopped looking behind for Medb.

Indeed, Sita even felt a little sorry to take advantage of her childlike spontaneity and trustfulness, but...

All's fair in love and war.

Even if this war was only a diplomatic war.

After all, real wars have happened over much less than a bad diplomatic reception.

Medb took a step toward the large carved doors leading inside the throne room before stopping.

Protocol and etiquette required that the doors be opened for her by a special servant announcing her arrival... Not that Medb saw many servants in the palace of the Pharaoh, not a single living soul, to be exact. Except for herself, Nitocris, Sita, and the serving sphinx guide, Medb hadn't seen any other servants, which is very strange for such a palatial abode.

Still, opening the doors leading inside the throne room with her own hands meant that the one entering was one who 'needed to get inside'. Begging, in other words – cementing a position of subservience even further, which in the current situation was not what Medb wanted at all.

However, if no one opens the doors for Medb, and she continues to just stand idly, not only will she look stupid – she will also give the impression that she is waiting for an 'invitation' or 'permission'. Something which would weaken her position even more.