Chapter 5

Continuing to descend through the cave Caster merely glanced at his fellow Servant, who had not lifted her eyes from her feet, before grunting and lifting his eyes to the ceiling.

"If you are so worried you could have stayed with him." The girl with the shield instantly faltered and almost fell to the ground, holding on only by a miracle.

"W-what are you talking about?" The girl tried to brush aside the claim. But even if she didn't stutter and said the phrase confidently, her face turned red to the tips of her ears.

"You are a disgustingly bad liar, you know that?" Caster innocently remarked, after which he waited to appreciate the embarrassment and blush on the girl's face. He laughed, pleased with her reaction. "Okay, tell me, have you known him for a long time?"

"N-no..." Apparently also having come to the conclusion that she could not hide her feelings the girl embarrassed, lowered her gaze and answered. "A day, or two, I think..."

"Uh?" Caster smiled. "Then it's damn bad. It's usually because of this 'love at first sight' thing, humanity is changing. Say though, why did you fall in love?"

"Ummm, I'm not saying it's love..." The girl coughed awkwardly and then desperately began to divert her gaze along the walls of the grotto. "I... It's just that he saved me..."

In fact yes, in a sense Momonga really did save her. Because without him Mashu would have long ceased to exist without magical nourishment. But specifically in the case that Mashu herself remembered, immediately after the explosion Momon was not able to save her, but tried. However, in the mind of Mashu herself, the difference between these two things were insignificant.

"Hoooo" However Caster who was not initiated into such secrets of the maiden soul, only stretched indefinitely. "Then I suppose it can be forgiven for one to start falling in love if this is about saving lives."

After this statement Mashu began to blush even more than before. She finally stopped looking ahead, trying to find anything that would give her an excuse to hide her face from the Caster's watchful eyes. In response to her actions he just grinned again, but almost instantly became serious.

"Anyway" Said Caster. "Any thoughts that are distracting you - you need to drop it. You can not go into battle in this state."

Had Momonga been with them he would have probably thought something like 'You just made everything worse. Now she will be even more anxious because of your teasing.' But here and now Momon wasn't present and therefore there was no one to say how Mashu felt herself after such news.

"If it will be easier for you to concentrate-" Caster grinned. "Just remember the fact that if you lose now you will die, then your Master and then all of humanity."

Hearing such a thing Mashu, who was already not a sample of composure, paled to the level of white sheet. Caster, pleased with the effect burst out laughing.

"Relax, don't worry." After waiting a bit the man dismissed her thoughts as if they were nothing. "Your goal is just to not let Saber get close to me while being ready to use your Phantasm when she decides to use Excalibur. Oh and also run when I tell you. You can handle it, can't you?"

"I have no choice." Mashu said a little gloomily after Caster's words. Caster hearing this, smiled.

"Don't be afraid. After getting a new Master and a top-notch one at that it, it'll be easy to take down a small fry like Saber." Caster said trying to support the girl. "Although I must admit, this guy really does have a lot of mana..."

"By the way..." After the mention of Momon's mana reserves the girl remembered that she wanted to talk to Caster while they were alone with each other, as with a person much more versed in Servants as well as in magic "About senpai..."