CHAPTER FIFTY SEVEN: Bad For Me, Worse For You

Start from the beginning

Calm down, Killer. Don't punch him. Not right now.

"You haven't had time to rethink shit. You've barely had time to process what happened to you." I said through my teeth, my jaw too tense to allow me to hide my rising anger. "I know you, Kid. I know you, and I love you, and I know you're making a stupid mistake by even considering this."

No emotion. That was what struck me the hardest. Even in his childhood, Kid had always been extremely emotional, one way or another. Seeing him sitting there, staring back at me with dull eyes, felt so incredibly wrong.

"You can have whatever opinion you want, but those are the facts. She's not my problem anymore. I don't get why you're getting so pissy. You can finally have he-"

"SHE ISN'T JUST SOME POSSESSION YOU CAN GIVE AWAY, KID!" I didn't care that I was losing check of my emotions anymore. I was exhausted, I was in pain, and I was completely done with it all. "YEAH, I LOVE HER! OF COURSE I FUCKIN' LOVE HER! THAT'S WHY I'D RATHER DIE THAN SEE HER GET HURT LIKE THIS! BY YOU!"

I don't care who hears this. I'm done.

"I DIDN'T SPEND THE MAJORITY OF MY LIFE TAKING CARE OF YOU, FEEDING YOU, KEEPING YOU ALIVE, FOR YOU TO ACT LIKE THIS! SHE LOVES YOU, SHE CHOSE YOU! THE FACT YOU KNOW HOW I FEEL ABOUT HER MAKES THIS ALL THE MORE SICK! GROW UP AND BE A MAN! DON'T DO THIS SHIT!"

If I hadn't been so angry, I would have likely felt relieved, seeing that snarl twitch onto his face, and even more-so when he slammed his fist down onto the mattress.
"I'VE MADE UP MY FUCKING MIND! THIS IS ME GROWING UP, MANNING UP! IF YOU DON'T WANT HER, DON'T HAVE HER, BUT I'M FINISHED WITH IT!"

It took so much self control to not dive onto the bed and beat his face bloody, but I resisted, opting to dig my nails deep into the heels of my hands until the skin split.
"NO, THIS IS YOU SUITING YOUR FUCKING NAME, KID! IF YOU GO THROUGH WITH THIS, SO HELP ME, I'LL TAKE YOUR OTHER ARM MYSELF! DON'T DO THIS TO HER! SHE DESERVES BETTER!"

I knew I had already said more than my fair share of things I'd regret later on, so I snatched my helmet, slammed it onto my head and walked away. I couldn't deal with him anymore. Not now. Not if he was about to make the most idiotic mistake of his life.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
***PRESENT DAY***

I need to lock the alcohol up.

I had barely even peeked my head over the edge of the crow's nest when I spotted (Y/N), sitting in what looked like a very uncomfortable position with her back against the wood, her glob of a pet on its back beside her as she knocked back what looked like a nearly empty bottle of gin.

"It's not even nine in the morning." I sighed, making my presence known as I swung my legs over the edge, setting them down near where her boots tapped together.
"It is sssomewhere. Probably." She replied, voice drawling.

There was no questioning that she was already well and truly drunk, and I wanted to scold her, but something inside me just couldn't bear to do that.
"That's true, but not here. At least tell me you've been drinking water as well?" Her messy blow of a raspberry gave me my answer.

I really need to keep a better eye on her right now...

"Alright," I grunted a little as I moved to sit down beside her, internally cursing when Missy reanimated and plodded over to curl up against my leg. "I can shirk my duties until lunch, so I wanna hear about the time you locked Paulie's bitchy date in the water shed."

I wanted to get her talking, thinking about anything else, and honestly, I needed the distraction as well.
"Oh, shit, I need to call him! Fuuuuuuck..." (Y/N) swore as she began to pat herself down, realising she didn't have her transponder snail with her. "Ugh, I gotta go get it-"