12

Since that first meeting, Lucius and Ravenna had met three other times. And yes he left Iris with Molly, the two of them had only grown closer, Iris loved the time she got to spend with women. Although she loved her father and he did everything he could for her, there were still something's she needed to learn from a woman.

Today, though Lucius planned to spend the day both Ravenna and Iris, his little girl had been asking to see the woman nonstop for the last few days, so he sent owl out wondering if she would like to come to the manner. Surprisingly she agreed. She was due to arrive five minutes ago and Iris couldn't sit still.
"Angel please, leave the poor windows alone." He said for felt like the 20th time, she was poking her little head between the curtains and pressing her face to it.
"But daddy, she should be here."
"I know, she's probably just running a bit behind. And besides, you know how long it takes to walk up that driveway."
Iris huffed as she walked back to where her father was sitting, she crawled up into his lap and put her hands on his cheeks, squishing them together.
"My name is daddy, and I loove Iris." She said in a silly voice, moving his cheeks in time with her words. He smiled, or as best he could, at her silly antics, he had noticed a big change in his daughter since Narcissa left. She laughed more, smiled more and all together was happier. The sound of knocking made both their heads turn towards the door, they could hear the voices of a woman and their elf.
"Daddy she's here!" Iris jumped off his lap and ran towards the front hall, she stopped just in front Ravenna, the woman smiled down at her.
"Hello sweetheart, how are you?"
"Good."
"Well that's good," she looked up and met eyes with Lucius, "Hello Lucius."
"Ravenna." He watched with a smile as she bent down and pick Iris, settling her on her hip. Iris of course was happy about being picked up and wrapped her arms around the woman's neck, giving her a kiss to the cheek.
"So Lucius what are the plans for today, you weren't very specific in your letter."
"Well I figured we do lunch on the patio and then I'm sure this one," he said indicating to Iris, "would love to show you her play house. After that I thought I'd leave up to the two of you."
"That sounds lovely."
"I'm glad, Iris how does it sound to you?"
She lifted her little finger to her chin as if she was thinking and then a smile formed on her face. "It's sounds lovely, daddy."
Both adults laughed at her sill antics and once again Ravenna pressed a kiss to her cheek, but she didn't stop. She continued placing lots of little kisses all over, making Iris giggle loudly.
"Venna, you're tickling me, stop!" The little girl squealed through her giggles, her face was bright red and there were tears streaming from her eyes. "St-top, pwease."
"Okay, okay, I'll stop."
"Thank you Venna." Iris turned her head and pressed a kind kiss to the woman's cheek, earning a laugh from her.
They all walked back into the sitting room and spent the next hour talking, Iris showed Ravenna how good she was on the piano and both adults clapped loudly for her.

Dobby came in letting them that lunch had been served, so they made their way to the patio. They had simple sandwiches with lemonade, with a bowl of mixed fruit on the side. Lucius had been right, Iris was very excited to show off her playhouse, she made Ravenna play tea party with her and she wouldn't let her father play with them. Lucius pouted pretending to be hurt by not being included, "Daddy, no pout, it's not proper." Iris pointed out, copying the words he has said to her on occasions.
"She's right Lucius."
"Oh, so you're on her side and not mine?"
"Of course I'm her side, look how cute she is."
"Yeah, daddy, I'm cute!"
"Yes you are angel."
"Angel?" Ravenna asked with a small smile, she loved the relationship they had.
"That's what daddy calls me." Iris said proudly.
"I heard." She looked towards Lucius, "when did you start calling her that?"
"Why?"
"Well it's not common to hear wizards using Muggle terms, is all. I mean no disrespect, Lucius."
He sat on the question for a moment, she wasn't wrong and he knew that it was probably strange for him, a pure blood, to use Muggle terminology.
"That's what she is, she was a gift from some higher power. She makes me better. Iris has been my angel since the day she was born and will always be my angel." Lucius hadn't taken his eyes off his little girl the entire time and Ravenna couldn't help the tear that fell.