Chapter 9: Don't Worry

Kies POV

okay, if I'm being honest..a part of me is kinda glad that Sarah knows. Now I can talk about it to SOMEONE. I'm dying over here trying to figure this out by myself.

I was trying to get JJ alone so that we could talk about it, but Sarah took me to the side before I could.

After school we all planned to meet back up at the chateau for a little while. I took my car with Sarah and the boys all rode in the Twinkie.

When we got to the chateau, the boys were already there. We got out and went to go meet them. John b and pope were walking up from the end of the dock, and JJ was at the fire pit, also walking up to us.

Sarah kept smiling suspiciously at JJ as she walked past him, and kept walking so that we could talk. His head turning to keep looking at her as he walked up to me.

"Does she know?" He quietly asked me, pointing at her as she walked past us.

"Mm yep" I said, painfully cringing at myself. I hoped he wouldn't be mad at me for telling her.

Instead he just laughed a little.

"Oh shit" he laughed "what did you say"

"She asked me after lunch" I said quietly "she's been asking me about it all week but I've been denying up until now. Kinda had to tell her since she totally saved our asses with John b"

He laughed again and waited for me to finish.

"I told her that we kissed.. and that I stayed the night, and that was all" i said, answering his question.

"Is she gonna keep looking at me like that- cuz I'm not gonna lie that made me a little uncomfy" he jokes

"Your not mad?" I asked, a little confused by his reaction.

"That you told her?" JJ confirmed "no why would I be mad about that"

"I dunno- just thought you might be" I said, not really having a good reason to think that

"You told her not to tell anyone else?" He asked

"Oh yea, her lips are sealed" I assured him

"Then it's fine" he shrugged "come on, we're gonna go on the HMS tonight before it gets dark" he said, giving me the pogue handshake.

I smiled. I was relieved at how easy JJ made this for me. He wasn't mad or awkward at all. That's what I loved about JJ the most. He was so carefree and natural.

We met with the rest of the pogues at the end of the dock and loaded up on the boat to go for a ride.

Me and Sarah sat at the bow and JJ and pope stood on either side of John b who was driving.

The sunset was absolutely beautiful that night and being on the water made it even prettier.

John b slowed the boat down and we just stopped to take in how pretty it was.

I looked over and caught JJ staring at me. He smiled when we made eye contact and he looked down, almost like he was blushing.

When we got back to the dock and went inside the chateau, JJ sat next to me again. This time it was just me and him because Sarah thinks she's funny, and decided to sit with John b so that we could be alone.

For some reason I was nervous. I was nervous because I felt awkward to talk to him because so many people started to get suspicious and I didn't want it to look like we were flirting.

I think JJ could tell because he kept looking back at me confused and quietly asking me if I was okay.

Even though I said yes every time, I don't think he bought it.

Once it was time for me to leave, JJ walked out behind me. I was walking to my car when he ran to catch up with me

"Kie! Wait" he said as he jogged over.

I stopped and looked up at him

"Kie, are you okay?" He asked, his eyes were confused.

"Yea" I said, looking down "I'm fine"

"hey, what's wrong" he asked, his voice getting softer.

"Nothing I just-  I dunno" I said and he got closer.

"Kie, talk to me. What happened" he asked. He was being so sweet.

"Nothing happened I just, it felt different after sarah found out" I admit, looking back down. "This is exactly what I didn't want to happen"

"What do you mean" he asked

"Like, I dunno It just feels weird to talk to you when there around. I'm scared there gonna find out" I said

"hey" he said inching closer. He gently put his hand on my waist and brushed my hair behind my ear. "it's okay" he smiled and looked down into my eyes.

I looked up at him, feeling like I was going to explode. This embrace made me get a little scared, I started wanting to kiss him again.

"JJ-" I said, forcing myself to take his hands off of me so that I can focus. I grabbed his wrist and hand and gently guided them off

"Sorry" he said, his eyes darting around my face.

"No, no it's not that" I said, not wanting him to feel bad for just comforting me. "Its just all really complicated right now"

"Look, kie" he started "Sarah's your best friend- correct?" He asked

"Yes?" I said, not sure where he was going with this

"And she wouldn't lie to you- correct" he asked

"No, she wouldn't"

"So if she told you that she won't tell anyone, then she won't tell anyone" he reassured me.

He was right I guess.

"You have nothing to worry about, I'll talk to her if you want me too" he offered "I'll tell her that even for me it was a one time thing and that we don't actually have feelings for each other like that"

For some reason hearing him say that last part made me feel worse. The truth was.. I had felt something that night, and the feeling hadn't gone away since.

He noticed that I wasn't responding, and I might have even looked a little sad

"Right" he said but it was almost a question.
"Yea yea- right" I said, snapping out of it and trying to play it off
"Unless.." "-no no your right yea, you should tell her that yea" I said, avoiding eye contact. What did he mean 'unless' oh god.

"Kie?" He said and I looked up at him. "You good?"

I sighed and let some of my stress go

"It won't ever be weird Kie, I promise you don't have to worry" he said. I smiled and I hugged. He instantly hugged me back. 

"Thank you" I mumbled. My head was buried in his chest and his arms where wrapped around me. I felt so safe, so happy. I could have stayed like that for hours.

I didn't want it to get suspiciously long, so I tried to pull away. I did at first but then he brought me right back in and hugged me tighter.

He was giving me so many mixed signals. He embraced me when we first started talking, then He told me he would tell Sarah that we don't have feelings for each other. But then he hugged me like that. I don't know what to think anymore.

{THANKS FOR READING!! More updates coming soon}