Chapter 8: Meeting Face to face at the Conference room

Bắt đầu từ đầu

She came nearer and instructed me to raise my hand and I did, that was how I got a proper look of her too with a tagged name Celesta and the same Crystal watch inscribed A and that was when it clicked to me, I saw those same watches back at Four Points with the securities working there. I mean no way all the workers working for Alcan’s group would be using that expensive looking watch.

After she freed me, I finally got the boldness to ask her the question bulging on my mind.

“Excuse me Celesta, concerning this beautiful watch I’m seeing around, I mean do all the workers here have it on?” I asked her curiously and she nodded with a bright smile.

“Yeah, everyone as long as you’re under the Alcan’s group Corporation aside from being a watch, it’s also a guide for everybody.” She said

“Guide?” I said with a confused expression

“yeah, this watch is connected to the GPS of the company so it makes it possible for them to locate you wherever you maybe and ease communication also as long as it’s on you.” She said still holding her pretty smile.

I didn’t know my mouth was opened all along I mean I didn’t expect this exceptional technology here.

“Wow Stefano is another level of wealth” I muttered as I didn’t know it was loud enough for her to hear me

“You know the CEO? I mean were you friends because no one dares to utter his name in the company here” she asked me amused.

I wanted to answer yes, his Ex she should say not friend as I shook my head at the thought

“No not at all” I said with a smile, she didn’t look convinced but eventually shoved it off

“Where are you headed if I may ask?” she said still with a smile and thank God she even asked.

“uhmm the Conference Room” I said

“conference?” she asked with a raised eyebrow and I nodded

“which of them I mean? Is it the one for private sectors, group meetings, or the CEO’S board room?” she asked as I blinked my eyes in confusion.

I should have known that this gigantic building would have more than a conference room.

“uhmm…it should be the CEO’s board room” I said forcing a smile as she arched her eyebrow at me with ‘are you sure’ look then I nodded with a smile .

“oh it’s on the 99th floor” she said as my eyes almost popped out in shock. What the hell!!! 99 what??

“what? You mean I’ll ride that elevator to the 99th floor?” I asked more like a statement with a paranoid expression then she smiled

“yes, and you’ll take the elevator at the right side enlightened in crystal A not the encrypted ALCAN because that’s for the CEO only” she said as I tried to suck in the information but I was still literally confused

“But… I mean why can’t I use the nearest elevator instead of walking down to that right side because it’s frustratingly far” I pouted then she chuckled.

“this can’t take you to the 99th floor, it’s final stop is 60th floor” she said then I mouthed ‘ohhh’

“this going to be stressful mehn” I muttered then she smiled

“don’t worry that elevator is faster so you won’t feel it” she said maintaining her beam smile.

  I nodded not like I have a choice before I made my way down to the silent corridor.

After the long wait in the elevator, stepping out another security or no maybe a secretary because of her sophisticated appearance with a brown-raven hair was there to welcome me with that same customized watch and a tagged name Giovanna.

“Good morning ma’am, you must be Ms. Bennett. I’m Giovanna Rennes, Secretary to the CEO of the Alcan’s Corporation” she said with a very bright smile offering her hand for a shake as I smiled back and did the same.

I said it, I knew her class was different looking at her loving smart dress.

I was about to move but something caught my attention... I took a second look at the chevron she put on …

ohmy… that’s my design. I wanted to scream but I think she read people’s thought really fast.

“In case you’re wondering, that’s your design I mean I’m a big fan of your work even though you just started, permit me to say you’re one in a kind and your designs surpassed the experienced designers” she said still maintaining her pretty smile as I was left speechless because first, I didn’t know my designs got to Italy not to talk of Rome.

“ohmy... I'm flattered” I smiled “I don’t even know what to say but thanks for checking and using my designs, it means a lot Ms. Rennes” I said to her as she frowned.

“it’s Giovanna or Gio in short” she said as I nodded my head with a smile understanding her frown. I think I’ll like this girl.

“Also thanks for being part in our project and I’m practically sure that the global world will soon start to crawl before the BEA designs” she said still maintaining her pretty smile as I smiled back. She offered me a seat at the arena.

“Excuse me I’ll be right back” she said as she hurried with her heels inside a very big gigantic room and that must be the boardroom.

I began to shiver at the thought of entering that place not to mention facing him again. After 10 minutes, she was back.

“Okay you can come in now” she said... I felt a lump in my throat. I rubbed my palms severely before dropping it by my side. I think Giovanna noticed my nervousness

“Calm down, yeah Mr. Alcantara is cold but he doesn’t eat...” she said with a wink trying to make me laugh only if she knew about my past with Stefano then she’ll even advise me not to go in there.

I just smiled as she opened the Big Mahogany door revealing nothing less than 30 business men and women on seat settling their eyes on me, making me more insecure.

  Immediately the big door closed I shivered not just at the cold air conditioner that welcomed me but my eyes meeting with an handsome devil who’s eyes didn’t leave his Tablet.

“she’s here sir” Giovanna said as I had mixed feelings inside at the sudden break of silence.

He dropped his Tablet as his hazel golden eyes dogged into mine really hard.

You know that irate stare even without uttering a word I know he still abhorred so much bitterness and hatred  for me... I deserved it so I looked away first.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Hello guys! How are you doing?
Are you loving the heat already?😍

Please don't forget to follow, Vote and leave your thought at the Comment section.

Love you, Ria🍒