e l e v e n

IVY BOYD

"John B, what are we doing at the police station?" I asked. John B had told us what happened on the airstrip.

Rafe shot Peterkin.

The one boy I crushed on for my young years is now possibly a killer.

If they had told me a year ago he'd be killing cops, I wouldn't have believed them. But with Rafe's drug addiction being back, I believe them.

"Somebody's gotta tell them what happened." John B replies.

"Easy there, chief." JJ says to Pope who's nonstop coughing from the pen.

"All right. I'm just gonna be real with you right now. You might end up in the lion's den, but you don't go there on purpose. It's fundamental. Just like my old man always told me, you should never ever trust cops, no matter what the circumstance is." JJ explains, leaning up from his seat next to me.

"Your old man's an abusive liar." Kie scoffs, making me glare at her.

"I agree with JJ. Fuck the police." Pope shouts.

"You goin' to the dark side now?" Kie asks jinx

"Welcome little one, we've been waiting for you." I say in the best Darth Vader voice I could.

"When's the last time the police helped us?" Pope states his point.

"Peterkin looked out for me, all right? Tried to, at least. They need to know." John B says before leaving Kie's car.

"I hope that goes well." Hazel mumbles to herself.

"I'm freezing my ass off, could you turn the heat on?" I ask Kie. Wearing a Nike tank top and jeans weren't the best idea of an outfit late at night.

"It's broken." She sighs.

"Here, princess." JJ hands me his hoodie.

"Princess?" Pope questions.

"She's a Kook princess. What else would I call her?" JJ asks.

"I like to her a bitch." Hazel laughs.

"I'm not a bitch." I argue.

"You're a bitch, but a very hot one." JJ snickers, earring a slap to the shoulder from me.

"Ah, here he is!" Pope shouts, making us shut up.

"Kie! Start the car! Start the car, Kie!" John B shouts frantically, getting in the front seat. A cop is trailing on him closely.

"What? John B? What did you do?" Kie asks as she started the car.

"The cops!" Pope shouts.

"Shit!" JJ groans.

"Go! Kie, drive! Go!" I yell, adrenaline taking over my body.

"I'm going! I'm sorry!" Kie said as she started to speed off.

"Go, Kie! Go!" John B screams as he struggles to get the cop off of him

"Stop the car! Right now!" The deputy demands.

"What did you do?" Hazel asks, holding herself.

"Open it." I suggest as the cop was keeping up with the car. John B does as I said and the cop tumbled down.

"Holy shit." Hazel let's put a breath.

"What the fuck just happened?" I wonder out loud.

"Ward told them I killed her." John B sighs.