s e v e n

IVY BOYD

We got back to John B's old fish shack of a home, and I made myself comfortable on the pull out couch. Everyone else was too busy inspecting the gold John B had found.

"Ivy, why don't you care? We just made history." JJ asked as he sat next to me.

"I don't need money or gold." I shrugged, looking up into his bright blue eyes.

"You're crazy, you know that?" He chuckled.

"It's true though. I'm all for the adventures but I don't want any of your money. Plus, I barely did anything. Why should I deserve it?" I explain to him.

Gold and money are two things my father cared about. Honestly, he cared more about it than Max and me. I refuse to fall into the same route as him. For all I know it could've been his search for some city of gold that got him killed.

"For a Kook, I'm surprised to hear you say that." JJ gave me a concerned look.

"Listen blondie, you guys keep your fair share of the money. I'm just here for a good time." I rest my head back onto my hands, staring up at the popcorn ceiling.

"I can melt them down so the wheat symbol isn't on them." Kiara tells everyone.

"Can we do it tomorrow? Pops wants me home." Pope asks.

"Yes. Everyone okay with meeting here in the morning?" Kiara questions the group.

"I mean, I'm already staying here so that's fine." JJ jokes. I glance back at him, noticing the black shirt he was wearing defined his torso more. The short sleeves hugged his biceps perfectly.

"You ready to go home?" Sarah asks me, bringing me out of my daze.

"Nah, she's too busy checking JJ out." John B outs me.

"In his dreams." I mumble, forging my body off the weirdly comfortable couch/bed thing.

"Don't be ahh to admit it, princess." JJ winks at me.

"See you all tomorrow." I grumble, flipping JJ off as I walk out.

"You can't deny you were checking him out." Sarah giggles as we make our way to her car.

"He's an attractive guy, S. But definitely was not doing any such thing." I lie.

"Okay..." Sarah laughs.

• • •

"Why are you up so early?" Rafe asks me as I walk into my kitchen with River in my arms.

"I got plans." I say as I grab Rivers treats.

"Better not be with those dirty boys." Rafe grumbles, grabbing milk from the fridge.

"Aw," I coo. "Is someone jealous."

"Jealous of them? Pfft, you're funny." He laughs as he pours the milk over a bowl of cereal.

"Jealousy is ugly on you, hun." I snicker, knowing it'll make him mad.

"Maybe I'll have to show them you're mine." Rafe glances up at me, making me freeze.

"Rafe, I am not yours." I scoff.

"You should be." He shrugs.

"Whatever. I gotta bounce. Sarah's here." I say looking at the clock.

• • •

I had decided to bring River with today, not expecting anything crazy to happen. Our plan was to pawn off the seven pound gold. Kiara was melting the gold as we arrived.