==The Final Goodbye==

==:Sonic's Pov:==

I was lucky enough to grab rope and Amy before falling to our deaths I began sweating as I tried to keep us from falling my arm started to go numb a bit as I pondered what to do "S-sonic" I look over at Amy who for some reason had a saddened tone in her voice as I look at her I started to get a bad feeling "This rope isn't going to hold us both" My eyes widen knowing exactly what she ment "Amy don't you dare if anyone is going to die it's gonna be me you understand!" I yelled at her at this point I noticed a wet feeling on my face and that's because I was crying and how could I not be, I try to keep her from slipping out of my grab but it was hard for me since I was sweating so much "You can't die you're the hero...and I'm just an outcast" Amy said in a shaky voice almost wanting to cry "That's not true Amy there are so many times that we needed you the most!" I said in a shaky voice also trying not to cry especially in this situation we're in right now and crying wasn't going to get us nowhere and we knew that "I saw you with Sally in the woods that day" I freaked I was speechless I was unsure how to respond "It's okay Sonic if Sally makes you happy then I'm happy that you're happy" Amy said sounding a little hurt I felt like an asshole I can't believe I was so stupid to never notice how much she was suffering this whole time "Ames I..I...I'm so sorry for never noticing" My body shaked as I kept holding on to Amy and trying to be brave but at this point I was terrified not because of the situation we're in but terrified about how I'm afraid to lose Amy "Sonic can you promise me something?" "Yeah of course anything for you Ames!" I said trying to stay positive but it was almost impossible due to the current situation "Promise me you and the others will try and get along with Shadow" I was unsure how to react not that respond as well "Please for me as my last request" I froze "I-..I promise" her hand started to slowly slip out of my grab as I try super hard to keep her in my grab but thanks to me sweating so much it was hard for me not to keep her from falling. But sadly it wasn't enough and Amy ended up falling to her death as I watched in horror I couldn't help but scream her name but sadly no matter how much I screamed it wouldn't bring her back, eventually the others pulled me up back onto land.

==:Normal Pov:==

After pulling Sonic back onto land they all mourned the death of there dearest friend, clouds began forming around the area eventually rain started to pour from the clouds that surrounded the area, everyone that was there made a little tombstone for the pink hedgehog honoring her for her great sacrifice that she made for the blue hedgehog, there wasn't a single person that held back there tears for the pink hedgehog even Shadow couldn't hide his sadness for losing someone who he deeply cared for, for it had reminded him of how he lost Maria and now he had lost Amy, Sonic no matter how you looked at it he would always look like the Villain or the hero that failed to save one of there dearest members but they knew it wasn't his fault that he couldn't save her all of them knew this but some refused to accept it like Shadow for he could never forgive him for not being able to save her. After that they head back to the HQ to do what? Well nothing since there still a little shaken from earlier but knew that they had to do something since Mephiles was still out there, as everyone stood in silence unsure how to start a conversation Tails was the first one to speak "Sonic what did you and Amy talk about before..?" Tails looks at Sonic giving him a look of curiosity Sonic gulped wondering if he should tell them Amy's last wish although he didn't want to go through with it he didn't want to break the last thing Amy wished for so he had no choice but to accept it "*Sigh* The last thing Amy told me was for all of us to get along with Shadow" they all stopped and looked at him like he had just said something crazy "You're telling me Amy told you was for us to get along with Shadow?!" Knuckles said a little annoyed since getting along with Shadow is that last thing he wanted to do and some would agree "Please you think I like being around you idiots I only hang around you for Amy's sake if anything some of you are the last person I would want to be around!" Shadow snapped back knowing what Knuckles and the others was hinting at "Well she's gone now! So you can leave" Sally responded back at his snarky remark "I don't take orders from a nobody" he snare back at her with a very scary way Sonic wanted to desperately say something in his face as well punch him but he knew that would be breaking his promise to her which he didn't want to do instead he took a deep breath and tried to calm the situation down a bit "Look I know you don't want to get along with him me included but this is for Amy and I made her a promise and I don't intend on breaking it" Sonic said standing in front of Shadow almost looks he's protecting him but we know he's not, they all looked at each other for a moment before deciding whether to go through with it but after some careful consideration they all agreed to try to get along with Shadow.

After that everyone went home for the day since there was nothing else they could do in the moment, Shadow decided to go back to the garden where he had taken Amy that one night as he wondered through the area he was reminded of Amy's reaction to the very first time he brought her memories of the pink hedgehog started going through his head and for some reason it hurt him looking back on those good memories he hadn't felt like this since Maria for he also had cared for her but not in the same way he did with Amy because everytime he's was around her his heart would start to beat uncontrollably which he found odd since his heart never beat like that before especially when he was around her before, Shadow sat on the dampened grass looking at the moon that glowed the night sky and mourned.

End of Chapter-