Chapter Two

Ever since the incident with the mysterious winged man Sakura has been having extremely boring days. No surgeries or anything serious, just spaying and neutering and the occasional sick animal. It was boring, but during the downtime, she was able to finally hire a new vet tech assistant.

"Thank you Dr. Haruno for hiring me for the assistant position. I'm very grateful that you even considered a freshly graduated student like me." Kiba was an excitable young man but Sakura was appreciative of it on slow days like this. A couple of days ago she finally found someone she thought was a good fit for her at the clinic. Kiba was mainly a dog lover but he adored all animals and treated them as though they were individuals and not just a pet. It was perfect and far better than the one who wanted to just blow stuff up.

"It doesn't matter when you graduate, it just matters that you are passionate about what you do and willing to get your hands dirty every so often," Sakura said as she continued filling out the paperwork from their last patient. A Chihuahua that had constipation from eating too many dog biscuits at once. Little bugger got into the treats bag and went to town. Sakura giggled under her breath remembering how exasperated the owner was about the situation.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Dr. Haruno! I'll lock the front door behind me." Kiba hollered down the halls as he headed out. Sakura briefly paused in what she was doing and remembered what happened the last time she didn't lock the front door.

"Don't worry about it Kiba, I'll get it when I leave." Sakura quickly got out hoping that she said it before Kiba locked the doors. She didn't hear the jingle of the door so she should have caught him right in time.

"Alright, just be safe and call me if anything happens." Kiba hesitantly said before Sakura heard the familiar jingle of the door. Sakura sighed and went back to her paperwork. Understandably, he hesitated as it was close to eight but since that one time Sakura has been religiously keeping her door unlocked after closing. Just in case. A few minutes after Kiba left the jingle of the door sounded, causing Sakura to jump at the sudden noise.

"Did you forget something Kiba?" Sakura asked but heard no reply. Scrunching her nose in confusion she stood up and began walking to the front. "Did you leave your backpack again-!"Sakura froze when she saw who was at the front entrance. It wasn't Kiba but it also wasn't Sasuke.

 Before she stood two men, one dressed in an elaborate orange kimono and the other dressed in almost the same outfit Sasuke wore except it was all black. The man wearing all black had contrasting silver hair that seemed to defy gravity, a black mask that covered the lower half of his face, and a small black sash on his head that was tied in a way that covered his left eye. For all intents of purpose, he looked normal. The one with the orange kimono had blonde hair, bright blue eyes that almost glowed, and the biggest grin which accentuated the whisker marks on his cheeks. At the top of his head stood two orange animal ears, from the looks of them they were fox ears, and behind him were multiple orange fluffy tails with white tips. This one has to be a kitsune. That was when she noticed that there was blood drenching the left side of his kimono, almost blending in with the colors and design.

"Oh my god, what happened to your side?! Hurry and come in the back so I can take a look at it!" Sakura rushed as she gently yet quickly grabbed the kitsune's kimono sleeve and began guiding him to the back rooms. The young man snickered at her and looked behind him to address the older man.

"Don't just stand there like you're a statue, Kakashi! Teme was right about this place, it seems the doc doesn't mind helping us out!" He gleefully shouted, which caused both participants to grimace from how loud he was. Kakashi sighed and began following them, wrinkling his face into what she could assume was a smile.