Before she could finish, he cradled her head to his chest with one hand and wrapped his arms around her with the other.

Wang Linxue froze, hands dangling at her sides emptily. He pulled her in closer with one hand, stroking her hair soothingly with another .

His embrace was soothing and reassuring but at the same time intense and passionate.Her tears couldn't fall so she wrapped her arm around him and breathed in his mouthwatering scent.

He smelt clean and fresh with a touch of lavender since he usually worked on his grandma's garden which had a lot of lavender there. It sounded girly but it smelt like him anyway.

" Why do you always smell like lavender?" She mumbled shyly against his chest even though she knew the answer.

"Is that bad?"

" It's perfect."

When they parted, Wang Linxue had a huge blush on her face. Her cute expression made Jinwei poke on her left cheek curiously.

" I told you not to poke on my cheeks. Only my boyfriend can do that." She complained angrily.

" Then can I be your boyfriend?" His voice dropped as he leaned in, his lips parting as his spoke.

" You! Don't joke around." She pushed his face away.

He sighed and raised his head for a moment twisting his neck in thought.

" I don't know about this for sure but I don't know Ling Zhirou as someone to be scheming. Maybe you're just not getting along?" He reasoned.

Of course he would trust her.

" Yeah sure. So how do you know Ling Zhirou huh?"

She didn't finish reading the novel so she just had a gist of their former relationship and was curious.

Flashback

Before Tang Jinwei lived in Guanang City, (Where his mother was later murdered) he and his mother lived in a remote area in China with his grandma.

Since his grandma was of poor health, all the money his mom got went to her treatment so they couldn't afford to live separately while paying for the bills.

Since, they lived together with a man in the household, the villagers who were a little narrow minded thought of his mother as a loose woman and so told their children not associate themselves with Xi Jinwei.

Xi Jinwei who was playing on his own with a toy one day was targeted.

(Seems he was bullied a lot as a child)

" Give that back!" A seven year old Tang Jinwei cried raising his hand to take back the toy from a taller group of children.

" Yeah? Make us. Hahaha!"

They threw the toy around in circles making him sob loudly.

They continued to laugh until a stone was thrown at one of them.

" What the?"

They turned to see a little girl standing there with a menacing face.

" You guys again. Give him back the toy or should I beat you up before you learn your lesson."

The boys looked terrified and immediately gave the toy back to him and fled with their between their legs.

"Let's get out of here guys! She is crazy."

They would fight any one but not this little girl. She was a demon! A demon!!

Tang Jinwei sobbed with the toy and the girl came forward with a handkerchief.

" Here." She gave him the handkerchief but he refused since he had his own and cleaned his tears with it.

Seeing the boy closely now she exclaimed, " Wow, you're so pale! You remind me a cloud. So white and cute.

" Are you a foreigner?" She spoke without any filter.

He shook his head warily. Was that why they bullied him? Did he really look different?

She laughed, " Oh well. You kinda look the foreigners on tv. Probably one of the reasons why they pick on you. But don't mind them, they're just jealous."

Tang Jinwei was silent not knowing what to say.

" Oh right, I'm Ling Zhirou, you?"

" Tang Jinwei."

" Oh , how about...hmm. Little Cloud! Yeah, I'll call you Little Cloud from now on, okay?"

Flashback ends.

Hearing his story, she was sure she could not just say what Ling Zhirou said or else it would make her seem like the bad guy here.

He trusted Ling Zhirou to a certain degree so she can't just say anything without proof.

" I'd rather you stay with your father for now." He spoke mysteriously, having a guarded expression on his face.

" Why?" She asked surprised. ' Does he know something I don't?'

Seeing her suspicious, he dismissed, " Seeing how your father is acting, you could try and find out why he is acting strangely."

" Right."

Vote and comment guys. Thanks for reading.