Chapter 30 - Journey to the Uncharted Forest

Callum drew the cube out of his bag, running his thumb over the sky primal symbol. "This is it right? Wait- can you see me? I don't really know how this works." Callum said, shifting his weight to his other leg.

Aaravos let out a low chuckle and said, "That is the key, and yes, I can see you."

"Okay- that is terrifying. Should y/n come take this from me? I don't think you can." Callum continued.

"Yes, that would be ideal." Aaravos said, before Callum waved y/n over.

*Y/n POV*

Y/n quickly walked over to see Aaravos and Prince Callum. She saw Callum holding some sort of tan cube, with symbols engraved on it. "What is that?" y/n asked, looking at the cube.

"The Key of Aaravos, here's your bug." Callum replied, handing y/n the heavy cube and the caterpillar.

"Thank you." y/n responded, relieved as she set the caterpillar on her ear. "So, all that's left is to grab the mirror and find where you're imprisoned!" she continued, turning towards Aaravos.

"Speaking of which, how are you going to do that?" Prince Callum asked.

"I believe I can help with that." Zubeia's voice echoed through the cave. She approached them and dipped her head at their level, saying "Rex Igneous is the only one who possesses the knowledge of where Aaravos was imprisoned."

Aaravos let out a pained groan and brushed his hand over his face. Y/n looked at Aaravos and tilted her head. They made eye contact and Aaravos sighed, "Rex Igneous is quick to anger, I fear he may resent anyone associated with me." he said slowly.

"It will be okay; I won't let him keep you from me." y/n said, cupping Aaravos's jaw with her hand.

Aaravos stared into her eyes, he felt the fear leave him slowly, like a dry pond filling with water during the spring rain. He smiled and started to lean closer, seeing y/n do the same. "Ahem." Zubeia's voice echoed through the cave. The two jumped back, faces dark with embarrassment. "As I was saying, Rex Igneous knows where Aaravos has been imprisoned. We will reach the Uncharted Forest by evening. Come along now."

Rayla appeared and joined them, carrying Zym. She gave Callum an annoyed look after glancing at y/n, clearly not thrilled about the arrangement. They silently followed Zubeia as booming echoes filled the cave, her movements causing the ground to shake and shiver. Y/n looked around the cave one last time before going outside. The cold wind hit her face as she blinked, the sunlight hurting her eyes. Y/n let out a deep breath as she felt Aaravos's hand intertwine with hers. They both made their way onto Zubeia's back, and watched as the rest of the group did the same.

Y/n held on for dear life as Zubeia stretched her wings and dove off the Storm Spire. The wind whistled past them aggressively as they dove, moving lower and lower. Then, Zubeia's wings flapped open, and she started to glide, several hundred feet above the ground. After a moment, they steadied on the wind, and y/n relaxed ever so slightly. She let out a sigh, watching Rayla and Callum hold onto Zubeia's neck, Zym flew next to Zubeia's wings, keeping close. It was only then that y/n noticed Aaravos had conjured up some sort of magic barrier around Zubeia. The barrier shimmered and had a light purple hue, y/n looked at it and asked Aaravos "What is that?".

"A barrier spell, I do not wish for you to fall." Aaravos said, he leaned over y/n, prepared to catch her if anything went wrong. Y/n smiled and looked towards the horizon, letting out a small sigh as they moved closer and closer to the Uncharted Forest.

Word Count: 706 

Hi guys! I'm sorry for the long wait, and the short chapter. A lot has been going on, and it's been pretty rough, but it's okay. I've been having terrible writer's block but am forcing myself to push through it lol. I hope you all have a good rest of your day! Thank you to everyone who has supported this story by reading it and voting for my chapters! I truly do appreciate it <3