Chapter 5 - Talking

"S-Serve me?" She stuttered.

"Yes, you see a human who seeks me out is likely to want something from me. That's what that man wanted at least." He said slowly.

"I didn't 'seek you out' to get something out of it- and by 'that man's are you referring to Viren?" She asked.

"If that is the man who possesses the staff of Ziard, then yes, that is indeed the man I was referring to." The elf replied.

"Well- what's your name?" Y/n asked

"My name would mean nothing to you." He said, clearly not letting any walls come down.

"...alright, well you don't have to tell me, but my name is Y/n." She said quietly.

"...Aaravos." He replied, looking away as his face turned a deeper shade of indigo.

Y/n looked away quickly, embarrassed by the silence that bridged the gap between her and Aaravos. She lightly stroked the bug that was sitting on her ear, Aaravos watched with curiosity as the caterpillar responded positively to her gentle touch.

"So... Aaravos, how does our little bug pal work?" Y/n asked, while brushing the bugs antenna.

Aaravos chuckled as he watched her continue to softly stroke the bug. "Well- it acts as a sort of replacement for me. It says what I say, I hear what it hears, and I feel what it feels." He said, letting out a smirk.

Y/n froze, quickly moving her hand away from the bug. Heat rose to her face as she hid her face with her hands, attempting to avoid Aaravo's gaze. A sudden noise drew her out of her thoughts as she moved towards the door and held it shut, hoping it wasn't Viren coming to yell at her. Y/n saw Aaravos move closer to the mirror and hold his finger up to his mouth. Which was insanely attractive, but Y/n didn't have time to think about that! She pressed her ear against the door, keeping the caterpillar secure on her other ear. She couldn't decipher any words that were being said, but she could tell many people were in the dungeons just on the other side of the door.

Aaravos watched from the mirror as y/n listened through the door, he wanted to help her, but the damned barrier prevented him from doing anything. She seemed to slowly relax as a few minutes ticked by. As she slumped against the wall, y/n made eye contact with Aaravos.

"I would suggest you carefully slip out of the dungeons once everyone leaves." Aaravos whispered.

Y/n nodded and waited until it was completely silent before she and Aaravos waved goodbye to each other, and she left the room. But what she saw shocked her. In one of the cells to her right, she saw Viren locked in a cell. She avoided his gaze and quickly climbed up the steps as Viren called out to her.

Once she was upstairs, she saw Opeli talking to some of the other council members. Y/n quietly watched from the side, waiting for them to be done so she could ask Opeli a question. She saw Opeli glance at her and wrap up her conversation.

"Hi Opeli- um I had a question." Y/n said.

Opeli sighed and rubbed her eyebrows, "I'm assuming it has to do with Viren? Well, for the time being you'll work as a general assistant in the castle, we aren't concerned about you being involved with Viren. As for why he was arrested- he is suspected of treason."

Word Count: 606

As always please let me know if you see any typos!

- Dawn ^-^