Chapter 4

I continue down the maze of corridors, trying to find my way back to the gym. I turn a sharp corner, then another, then another. 

I'm then met with a very grand staircase down to some main doors, the entrance was so grand it felt as if I was in a castle. There was a continuing theme of white and gold in the hallways. Although, the separate rooms had there own look making them all unique.  

I notice that there are no guards by the door, and I'm lost. So I might as well take this advantage as an angel in disguise and use it. The door is dark hardwood and has a heavy polish to make it appear shiny and smooth. 

As I am walking down the beautiful staircase I feel like a princess!

I scurry to the doors and was surprised that the door wasn't locked at all. Holy shit they must have A LOT of faith in their guards! 

I grip at the gun and duffel bag in my hands, expecting to be shot dead as soon as I step foot out side. 

I take a leap of faith and sprint out of the house, across the garden and into the shrubs of the forest without a single bullet being fired. 

I shrug and continue to the deeper parts of the forest to locate my bike I took here with me. Once I found it I put on the helmet I hid in a bush and and slipped it over my high ponytail. After making sure it is secure I jump onto my matt black motorbike, I slowly edge out of the treeline. 

Once I am on the main road I floor it down in the direction I came from. It takes around 30 to get back plus a quick gas stop, I finally make it home to the apartment complex. 

I park my bike in the underground and make my way up to my apartment. 

When I am through the single door of my home, place the 'prize' down and grab my phone from my pocket and text boss. 

Its done. 

After around half an hour of sitting and waiting for the next port of call from boss, my phone finally pings as a sign of a new message. 

Good. Come to the office. Bring the stuff with you. 

On my way now. 

When I finally get to the office, I go say hi to Mia at the front desk first because its her night shift. As I stroll up to her in my new attire that consists of a hoodie, some leggings and black trainers. She smiles at me and I return the favour. 

"Hey! We haven't spoken in a while, how have you been?" She chirps, crossing her legs over one another. 

"I've been alright, what about you?" I radiate a lower amount of energy to her because of my alert mood. 

"I'm great! You know, we should really meet up sometime. You've got my number right?" She asks in query. 

"Yes I think I do, message me in the morning alright?" 

"Perfect! I'm sure we will have a good time catching up!" She grins at me, and I give her a slight smile back. 

I chuckle at her enthusiasm. "Okay, I have work to do, I will talk to you later!" I smile.

"Bye!"

I turn around and walk to the elevator and go to the top floor again, but this time to boss' main office and not the meeting room.

I arrive at his office and knock on his door three times so he knows that it is me.

"Enter." He states.

I walk in kind of nervous because he seems to be in a bad mood, what happened? As I walk in he is sitting at his desk, though he can barely tuck his chair in because of his stomach. He looks up briefly and I give him a smile before he looks back down not even acknowledging me before he speaks. 

"Sit down and put the duffel bag on my desk." He says coldly for no apparent reason.

However I comply knowing I do not want to annoy him into getting extremely mad. I walk to the leather single sofas in front of his desk, there were two but I sat on the one to his left. But not before placing the bag down gently on his cheap wooden desk. 

"Are you alright?" I ask, worried as to if I spoke out of turn. 

"I'm fine, just a tad bit annoyed at some people." He says back to me, however still focused on his papers ahead of him. "Did you get everything?" He asks rubbing his hand over his sweaty forehead, finally looking at me. 

"Yes, the gold, money, guns, and etc.. However they didn't have any drugs around, which was surprising. 

"Hmm, alright your pay will be transferred into your account by the end of this hour. It should be around 1.25 million."

"Thank you boss!" I say excitedly because of the amount I was paid. 

"Mhm, see you when you next have a job. Until then, you have a while off." He comments, his eyes back to memorising the papers.

"Okay, see you then sir." I say and without a second glance get up and stride out of the door.

___________

Next morning:

Mia 📞:

Hey! Are you still alright for meeting up? 

Yup! What do you fancy doing?

Well there is a new club in town, wanna check it out tonight? 🥂

Sure! Sounds like fun! What is it called? :)

I think its 'Peccato del diavolo.'

Sounds cool! What time are you free?

Uhm... is around 8:30 alright? :D

That's good with me! Cya tonight! xoxo

Bye! xoxo