It's Time

Yoohyeon heard soft breaths just right on her left neck. Her breath still warms her heart after all these years. She wanted to let go of the tight embrace but halted when she realized she was waiting for that moment. A moment with her. She missed this, she missed her so much as she tucked her hair, smiling bitterly to herself.

"Just like old times, I wanna kiss your forehead, Ji... But am I still worthy of it?" she mumbled to herself, as she recalled Minji's sudden breakdown the night before. She leaned in, hesitantly to kiss her forehead but she heard a loud voice banging on her door. She got up from bed and quickly walked towards the door.

"Where is she ?!" a question she knew the answered of which made her stunned and nervous. She had seen Bora mad before but this time was different. And she was the reason. Bora's eyes were filled with anger and disappointment as she made eye contact with her.

"She's at my room... uhm Bora look.. Nothing happened.. between us" she stuttered while explaining the predicament she was in but then she did not know why she was explaining in the first place. Maybe it was the sudden breakdown of Minji last night. Bora only looked at her, narrowing her eyes at her as she shoved Yoohyeon which made her body almost out of balance but she quickly regained her composure. Still terrified of Bora's outburst.

"Minji! Wake up! We gotta go!" she yelled. Yoohyeon tried to stop Bora from yelling but the latter dismissed her. She thought it would disrupt Minji's sleep since she had a breakdown the night before and needed a rest.

"Bora, quiet. Let her rest, please. Sh-she had a rough night" Yoohyeon pleaded but still ignored by her friend. She was like chasing a tiger that soon will bite her into pieces. She was like this because of her. As a sister, she wanted to protect her. From another heartbreak. From another disappointment. From her.

"Look.. I didn't know..." Bora stopped and glared at Yoohyeon who was visibly nervous. Bora let out a sarcastic laugh.

"You didn't know because you weren't there. You fuckin left her, remember?" Those words just hit Yoohyeon's heart drastically. Because those were true. She left her while she was still in hospital bed unconscious.

"We were waiting for you to come back but you shut us down for fuck's sake, Yoohyeon. You dont't know how much she suffered because you left." Bora broke down in tears as she knelt down. Yoohyeon who was also in verge of tears leaned down to help Bora up to comfort. She understood and she deserved it if they won't forgive her. She would.

"I--" she hugged Bora so tight and this time the small girl hugged her back which surprised her. Her lips went slightly upward at the small gesture.

"Uhm..." Yoohyeon looked up to see a Minji teary eyed at the scene.

"Minji.." Yoohyeon uttered nervously. Bora softly broke from the hug and went to grab Minji's right hand, dragging her towards the door. Yoohyeon sighed so deep as tears streaming down hugging herself because at the moment no one would comfort her. Yet again, she heard the door bang and she knew they were gone.

Siyeon was pacing back and forth, waiting for Bora to come back with good news. As soon as she was about to sit on a couch, she heard heavy footsteps coming into their shared room. There she witnessed a very similar situation happened four years ago. Minji silently crying. She hurriedly went to help Bora with Minji who was evidently sad.

"Can you please sit beside Minji for me? I'll just get some water" Bora asked as a tear streaming down her cheeks, so, Siyeon reluctantly agreed to her.

"Yoohyeon... I-I thought I could get over the past when I finally see her. B-but, why it still fucking hurts. B-but then, at the same time everytime she touches me, s-she makes me feel at ease" Minji finally spoke as Siyeon patting her back for comfort.

"Minji.. I don't..." Siyeon was cut off when Bora screamed out of frustration seeing her sister so down and desperate.

"Forget her, Minji. She doesn't deserve you!. She's my friend, our friend but what she did was unforgivable!" Minji and Siyeon looked at her in shock. They are both surprised with those words coming out of her mouth. Out of all of them, they thought Bora could not resist Yoohyeon. But maybe Bora was right.

"Hey, Bora. She is still our Yoohyeon. Maybe we'll just give her more time to reflect on her actions. We all were hurt but I can sense Yoohyeon was already paying for that in years, Bora. A-and it would hurt Minji more." Siyeon rebutted, a little disappointed at Bora. Minji who was still quiet despite the exchange of her two friends.

"I'll just go to my room. I want to be alone..." Minji stood up without looking at her friends.

Despite their disagreements, Bora hugged Siyeon and apologize for what she said. She was maybe carried away with her overwhelming feelings having to witness Minji's breakdown these past four years and she thought that Yoohyeon is the key to stop her from being in the dark for so long.

"Can I take a leave for a week, Dad?" Yoohyeon hesitantly asked her father a favor through a phone call. A week is not enough to face her past and make it right but it's worth a shot. She has been a jerk for years to her friends especially with the love of her life, Minji.

"I have been waiting for you to do this, honey. Take a leave as much as possible. Make things right and be brave enough to accept whatever this may lead. Go and get her" Her father said as she sniffed, touched by his father's words.

"I won't stop, I will get her whatever it takes. Thanks Dad" She smiled with tears streaming down her cheeks as she ended the call.

"I'm sorry, Ji. No, a sorry is not enough. I will do everything to heal your broken heart from the things I did." Yoohyeon mumbled as looked at their picture taken in Siyeon's cafe'.

_________________________________________________________________

Hellooooooooo everyone. It's been a long while since the last update. It's kinda short hehe but I hope you will like this. How are things out there ? I hope you all are doing fine in this world we called life.

Please leave comments, appreciate it if you do so that I know what you think about the story.

As always, I am grateful to everyone who's been reading this :)