Sister

Yoohyeon went home to her apartment with a pain in her knuckles and a pain in her heart. She closed the door with her phone in her hand and bent down on her knees, tears streaming down her face.

Her father was yelling at her over the phone, sounding concerned about her daughter.

"Hyeonie?! My child, what's wrong. Did something happened? Are you fine?!" Her dad asked. Even though, her father was not showing emotions towards, he genuinely cared for her.

So, she put her phone in her ear and heard her father sighed deeply in relief when Yoohyeon spoke, sniffing.

"Dad, you remember that story you told me when I was thirteen?" Yoohyeon asked, ignoring her father's query.

"Yes, about a child who were abducted and were sheltered in a wealthy family? I do remember, Hyeonie. What about it ?" He rambled from his own words, waiting for her daughter's response.

"Am I that abducted child, Dad?" Yoohyeon asked, almost breaking her voice. It's ridiculous to ask her father about it but she had to be sure. She is positive that she is her father's daughter.

"You're just afraid, Minji. Why would you say that?" She thought.

"That's nonsense, Yoohyeon. Is this your way to ran away from me ?! You're my only heir, it's only right to entrust you my business" Her father answered in disbelief that her own daughter is doubting her own identity.

"Then, why are you telling me that story, dad? Is there something you want to tell me about?" Yoohyeon asked desperately.

He sighed deeply, "I think you're too old to know the truth, Yoohyeon-ah"

"What truth, dad?"

"You're eager to know? I'll tell you when you come home"

"I need to know now, dad. Then I will come home in three months, just tell me now"  her father always liked to negotiate and this is one of those moments. She asked for something and he'll get something in return.

Miss Hara stared at her daughter's face, sleeping peacefully after what transpired on the set.

It hurts her everytime she saw her child's crying especially in front of her. The vivid memory had been replaying on her mind over and over again.

-Flashback-

"I told her, Mama" Minji cried. Miss Hara could feel the heartbreak her child was feeling. These emotions were driven by not only by what happened between the head director and Yoohyeon but also her child's true feelings towards Yoohyeon.

She loved Yoohyeon as her own child but seeing Minji cried because of her hurts even more.

"I told her..." Minji repeated as the older woman ran through her fingers on her child's hair.

"You told her what, JiU" she asked softly.

"A lie, Mama. I told her a lie" as soon as she finished the phrase, Minji sobbed uncontrollably, thinking that Yoohyeon might hate her now. She was just trying to contain her feelings towards the girl by telling her that lie and surely she will stop caring for her.

"You love her, do you?" Miss Hara smiled and lift her child's chin up as she saw her nod her head.

"Yoohyeon's easy to love, who wouldn't love her. She's a very nice girl and caring and seems like you're trying to push her away" Miss Hara stated as Minji nodded.

"She is. Too caring sometimes that she had to punch our head director's face" she chuckled.

"But I just do not know how to love her back. And I don't want to give her high hopes, Mama. A-and.." Minji paused and looked at her mother.

"I am scared to be left again, Mama . What if she's eventually left me? I don't want to feel that again" Minji's words pierced through her heart. She is the main reason why her daughter pushed away the people who loved her. She was scared that people will abandon her just like she did. And that she was just protecting her heart for that reason.

"She's not me, Minji. You will never know unless you take a step. You are just thinking of that idea without even trying. And eventually, you were the one who's leaving them. And if you're scared and mad, it's because of me not the people around you." Miss Hara stated, weakly smiling at her daughter.

" I messed up. I uh pushed her away even though she's following me around. Wherever I go, I see her. I'm not mad at you, Mama. Not anymore. I was just used being like this. Alone" Minji looked down, faked a smile.

"And I think it's time to tell my sister who's her real family is"

-end of Flashback-

Yoohyeon waited for Bora in her apartment for she had something to say. Her father told a part of a story where a child was born to be just taken away from her own family because a life was perished. Then a life for a life.

And to hear Minji, saying she's her sister was the most ridiculous thing. She thought that it was probably to suppress her own feelings for her. She smiled at the thought.

"You like me and you're just telling me things to stop me from pursuing you, huh?" Then a smirk was plastered on her face.

But she was quickly saddened at the thought that in three months, she's going home to the place she once ran away to.

"Then I think it's better this way that our feelings are not yet grow much. I hate to say that I won't see her in three months. Well, I guess I have to spend my remaining time here worth it" she weakly smiled and looked up when she heard a knock on her door.

"Bora, you don't have the reason to come with me. Minji, your sister loves you so much"  she whispered to herself then walked towards the door and was welcomed by Bora's hugging her tightly.

————————————————
What can you say about this chapter ? 😅