七 | ...𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐃𝐈𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐒𝐀𝐘?!

Start from the beginning

"Throwing needles! No way.." Sasuke spoke up.

"Kakashi Sensei, are you trying to imply that.." Maniko trailed off.

"Zabuza is still alive." Kakashi finished.

"HUH?!" Everyone besides Sasuke screamed.

"But we saw his body! Believe it!" Naruto assured.

"Sensei, you checked him yourself. You said his heart stopped!" Sakura argued.

"His heart did stop. But.. that was just a temporary state. To simulate death. The weapons that tracker used are called Senbon. They can pierce deeply, but never kill unless you hit a vital organ. The tracker wasn't trying to destroy Zabuza, he was trying to save him." Kakashi explained.

"Come on.. You're overthinking this aren't you?" Tazuna reasoned.

"Sensei, you said 'Prepare quickly.' But how can we do that when you can barely move?" Sakura asked.

"I can still train you." He smirked.

"Hold on! A little 'last minute training' won't make us strong enough to beat Zabuza! You couldn't even beat him with your Sharingan! We have to be reasonable about this!" Sakura argued. 'What is he trying to get us killed?!'

"Sakura, I was able to stop Zabuza because you all helped me. You've all grown."

"You've noticed Kakashi Sensei! Now things are gonna get better, believe it!" Naruto grinned.

"I don't believe it, and nothing's gonna be good!" A voice from the doorway spoke. The four Genin turned around to be met with a kid who looked no older than seven.

"..Who's child is that?" Maniko sweatdropped.

"Inari! Where have you been!" Tazuna smiled.

"Welcome back, grandpa!" The child with dark hair ran over to Tazuna, hugging him.

"Inari, that was very rude!" The woman scolded.

"It's okay, it's okay. I'm rude to them too!" Tazuna assured, patting his grandson's head.

The child stared daggers straight at Maniko, who stared right back.

"Mom, don't you see! These people are gonna die!" The boy yelled.

"Gee, thanks.." Maniko mumbled, sarcasm laced around his voice.

"Listen up! You know what a super ninja is? Well, that's me only a lot better! I'm gonna become Hokage! This Gato or Blato or whatever you call him, is no match for a ninja like me!" Naruto rambled.

"There's no such thing as a hero.. You're just filled with stupid ideas! If you wanna stay alive, you should go back to where you came from." The little boy retorted.

"... WHAT'D YOU SAY?!" Naruto screamed, as Maniko and Sakura held the blonde back, who seemingly wanted to beat up the boy.

"Woah! Haha, Naruto stop! He's only like two!" Maniko joked, trying to lighten up the mood.

"And you. Your hair colour looks stupid." The boy scoffed, pointing at Maniko.

"..."

"... WHAT DID YOU SAY?!" Maniko screamed, now being held back by Sasuke, while Sakura held back Naruto.

"Inari, wait! Where are you going?" Tazuna asked, noticing the boy walking away. "To look out at the ocean. I wanna be alone!" He witted, as the door closed behind him.

"Sorry about that." Tazuna apologised.

"Who does that little brat think he is! Come on, Maniko! Let's go put him in his place right now!" Naruto insisted.

"Right!" Maniko agreed, as the two of them stomped upstairs.

The two boys hesitated, when they heard muffled crying coming from a room.

They looked at each other, then back at the room.

Maniko opened the door slightly to see Inari crying with a photo frame in his hands.

The two Genin frowned in silence.

"Uh.. I think we should give him some time alone, Naruto.." Maniko whispered, as the blonde nodded in agreement.

" Maniko whispered, as the blonde nodded in agreement

A/N: Hm.. What does Maniko have to tell Kakashi? 🤔 Hope you enjoyed this chapter. <3

 <3