♙ // scene eleven

' i love watching nilou dance, ' (y/n) stared at the girl dancing on stage in the grand bazar, cyno standing beside her but not as interested in the dance as she was

' i've seen it before, ' he looked off to the side. ' she was behind bars though. '

' she got caught? ' (y/n) looked at him.

' all the time, ' he spoke. ' she doesn't spend more than a day in a holding cell though. '

the girl grumbled. the laws here were stupid, just fueling her hatred for the akademiya more.

' speaking of, ' she remembered. ' why did you want to come here in the first place? '

he crossed his arms. ' we're hiding out here until nightfall. i plan to break into the section of the akademiya where they store all their secret files. '

' ah i see, ' she looked back at the girl dancing. ' you must be very confident you won't get caught. '

' when have i ever? '

' a few months ago when we first met. '

' that doesn't count. '

' sure it doesn't. '

𓄼 𓄹

the two peered over a bush, both wearing masks and their hoods. they eyed the open window to where they'd enter the akademiya, then make their way to their filing cabinets.

they gave each other a nod before opening the window and hopping inside, successfully making no sound. (y/n) blinked ahead, making sure nobody was around. once she did, she took her black tape and taped over the one security camera, so they could walk around without worrying about being on film.

' clear, ' she whispered. he heard and made his way over to where she was. she was going to stand guard at the one entrance to the room while cyno went through all the files. he was looking for specifics on the akademiya scamming and smuggling canned knowledge, as well as punishing innocent people.

he pulled open a drawer: none. he pulled open another drawer: nothing of importance. he pulled open a third drawer: still nothing.

' i cant find this damn drawer, ' he spoke to himself.

' can you please hurry up? they'll know we blocked out the security camera soon, ' (y/n) whisper screamed.

' i'm working on it, ' he whispered back.

suddenly, the door burst open, causing (y/n) to blink forwards. matra and soldiers filled the small room. the two ran for the open window and escaped, but the matra were right on their tails.