♙ // scene two

(y/n) and dehya walked into their favorite bar in aaru village—which happened to be the only bar in aaru village

' dehya! oh, (y/n), back so early, ' bartender ojah welcomed the two girls upon entering, all the while cleaning a glass cup that previously held a pint of beer.

' we're here for a beer ojah, not my line of work, ' (y/n) spoke, sitting down at the bar next to her friend.

' the usual, ' dehya spoke, trying to lighten the mood.

' comin right up! ' he went to go make the beers with a newfound purpose.

' (y/n), ' dehya turned to the girl sitting next to her. ' candace said you got caught so you had to return early, how did that happen? '

the girl sighed. ' well, i was just leaving when he opened the door to the room.

' he was spouting some nonsense about how the akademiya will be on my back as if they already aren't. i told him that they already where before he recognized me. after that i flooded out of there. '

' you need to be more careful, ' dehya replied. she paused for a minute then spoke, ' we all really appreciate what you do for aaru village, (y/n), but you really shouldn't put so much pressure on your shoulders. '

the twos conversation zoned out as a man with a hood in the corner of the room stood up and walked out of the bar. he pulled down his hood once he was outside, revealing a shiny, floating green akasha terminal.

' gotcha. '

𓄼 𓄹

' you were right, general cyno, the blink is a desert dweller. '

' did you get a good look at her appearance? '

' yes, sir. she wore a (f/c) bedlah with gold and silver jewels. her hair was (h/c) and about (h/l) inches long. '

' interesting.. '

the general crossed his arms and closed his eyes, thinking about how to approach the situation, whether he should confront her himself or gather more information first.

of course, cyno was the one who sent the spy into aaru village. he had a hunch that, although slightly bigoted, most criminals came from the desert. even though he was from the desert himself.

' did you catch anything else? ' he asked after a few moments of silence.

' it seems that she's well known in aaru village. she is liked among the children because she gets them food from the city. she's also good friends with the village guardian as well as dehya as far as i could tell. ' the spy continued.

' alright, ' he made a shooing motion with his hand. ' get on your way, i want you to rest now. '

the spy was a little taken aback, but nonetheless took his opportunity to get away from the general mahamatra. he's damn good at his work, but that made him terrifying to anyone who was under his position.

he got to thinking right away about his course of action. the blink made him sick to his stomach. she had been causing trouble for the akademiya for years, yet nobody has been able to catch her. the case hadn't yet been seen by cyno because the higher ups didn't want him to take it on, yet here he was anyway, going behind their backs to bring her to justice.

eventually he decided he would go to aaru village himself. he wanted to be the one to arrest her and have that satisfaction.

in a way, he was kind of selfish.

𓄼 𓄹

' oh man, ' an intoxicated (y/n) tumbled down the road of aaru village, dehya laughing as she did so.

' you're drunk off your ass! ' the mercenary giggled, her own cheeks tainted pink with alcohol.

' i didn't mean to! ' (y/n)'s eyes teared up.

' it's okay it's okay, hic we'll get you home safely, ' dehya helped prop (y/n) up so she wouldn't fall again. ' we're in this together. '

' why'd you let me drink so much?! ' the girl pushed dehya off of her, causing the both of them to collapse to the ground.

' listen listen listen, ' dehya started then paused, ' ...it was funny, that's why. '

' you sick bastard, ' (y/n) giggled.

the girls were so drunk they didn't notice the burning eyes glaring upon them. they didn't feel like they were being watched.

they didn't notice the men in green and teal coats noting their every move from atop the building roofs.

AJAJAJAJ IM SORRY I TOOK SO LONGGGG I DONT THINK TJE NEXT UPDATW WILL TAKE AS LONG SORRYYYY