♙ // scene ten

' they're trying to what?! ' (y/n) threw her hands on the table in pure shock

' ... ' cyno stayed silent, looking off to the side.

' those.. those bastards! ' she kicked a chair across her small house. ' it can't possibly succeed, right?! '

he watched the girl panic, her movements jittery and full of emotion. ' i- '

' creating a god?! that's like, ' she thought for a moment. ' that's impossible! '

(y/n) grabbed her own head and scratched her hair like crazy, growling the whole time.

' hey hey calm down, ' cyno stood up and grabbed her wrists. ' it's highly possible they're just.. idiots. '

' ... ' (y/n) turned her head to face him, her eyes slightly glistening with tears. ' ..but what if they're not?

' what if we bit off more than we can chew, cyno? '

his face softened up a little. ' are you.. are you scared? '

' of course i'm scared! ' she whisper screamed. ' i could- we could die! there's still so many things i haven't done, i haven't even made it to twenty five yet! '

' but you've dealt with.. scarier, right? ' cyno tried to calm her down. ' like, erm, oh, infiltrating the house of daena and coming face to face with the scribe?

' not to mention you're literally robin hood, ' he continued.

' that pales in comparison of fighting a literal god! ' she spoke again. ' i've never had to worry about my life being at stake before i was kidnapped, that was horrifying! '

' how about we get your mind off it, eh? ' cyno let go of her wrists and paced around the room hastily. ' why don't you go have a drink with your friends at the bar, '

' i don't- '

' or you can go to the spa and read that secret romancing book! ' he spoke, seemingly more to himself than to (y/n).

' but- '

' oh! how about playing with the kids in the streets or- '

' cyno, i want to stay here—with you. '

the boy stopped in his tracks, slightly taken aback by her statement. he inched back over to where she was standing. ' well, what do you want to do? '